Sugar Creek Baptist Church
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director of Marketing and Communications
The Graphic Designer works with the Director of Marketing and Communications to conceptualize, develop and create designs for print, web and social media.
This is a salaried, full-time position with benefits for the employee only. The Graphic Designer serves on the Creative Communications team and is immediately responsible to the Director of Marketing and Communications. He/she is expected to additionally assist the Pastor of Creative Communications on any other projects as assigned.
SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL:
The Graphic Designer is a church leader. He/she must refrain from social or private behavior considered or interpreted as unbecoming a devoted follower of Christ. This person will demonstrate:
- A positive, solution-oriented attitude.
- Timely, professional communication with all members of the organization.
- On-time, error-free project delivery.
- Adherence to brand guidelines.
- Strong desire to help church, pastor and fellow staff members succeed.
- Encouragement and grace to others on a professional and personal level.
- Maintain Sugar Creek visual/verbal brand and strategy
- Create designs for web, print and social media that inspire members and community to engage in the mission of Sugar Creek.
- Support outreach/‘ministry efforts of other ministry teams
- Continually seek opportunities to improve professional skills
- Track time related to projects
- Update teams daily regarding work progress
- Maintain a professional work environment
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum two years of professional graphic design experience.
- A pro-active work ethic including a self-motivated drive for quality and creativity.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-task several projects at the same time.
- Flexibility to adapt to unforeseen circumstances and a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Attention to detail and a passion for excellence in creative and technical production.
- Expert use of the following programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat
- Proficient use of the following software/programs: Mac OS X, Word, Excel, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Powerpoint
- Knowledge of the following applications is a plus: Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Knowledge of post-production and prepress systems also a plus.
- Fosters an attitude of professional excellence in working with each ministry area.
- Creates and maintains a superior working environment.
- Is a team player who exemplifies a positive “can do” attitude.
- Understands that our staff is one team, working together for the glory of God.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The Graphic Designer position is a salaried, full-time position. This position offers the following benefits package:
- Medical – PPO or HMO
- Dental – PPO or HMO
- Long-term Disability, Short-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Additional and expanded coverage is available
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Communications DirectorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- January 13
Creative Arts / Communications DirectorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- January 11
Communications Directorthe Journey at First Baptist Orange City
- Orange City, Florida
- January 11
Video ProducerFellowship Bible Church
- Roswell, Georgia
- January 10
Chief Video EditorThe Watchman Show
- Washington, District of Columbia
- December 30
Sugar Creek Baptist Church
Sugar Creek is a church passionate about life change. It happens every day here – marriages healed, families revived, love restored, the hurting comforted. It happens not because of the programs we have or the events we put on, but because the spirit of God is at work here. He is the only one who can change a life and He wants to change yours for the better.More...