DIRECTOR OF MISSIONS
POSITION; Director of Missions (exempt full-time)
STAFF CLASSIFICATION: Staff Level 2
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
SUPERVISES: Administrative Assistant – Missions
ORGANIZATIONAL GOAL: to make Jesus visible through deepening relationships with local ministries and global ministries
- Encourage and mobilize the congregation of FPC to serve with compassion, integrity and joy in mission partnerships both locally and globally.
- Facilitate the work of three committees: Benevolence Oversight Committee, the Local Mission Committee, and the Global Missions Committee.
- Participate in distribution of Benevolences as directed by the Session of FPC.
- Provide administrative support to BOC, LM and GM through supervision of the Administrative Assistant –Missions.
- Serve as liaison for FPC with Local and Global Missions partners/agencies.
- Act as point of contact for disaster relief projects.
- Assess local and global community needs suggesting creative and innovative ways to involve FPC in the Great Commission.
- Promote all missions projects utilizing all appropriate resources - print, video and social media.
- Handle logistics for visiting missionaries and/or sponsored missionaries in crisis as needs arise
- Direct, coordinate and facilitate mission projects/trips in the field as agreed upon with supervisor
- Develop and maintain a collegial relationship with FPC staff and mission volunteers.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years experience in leading mission related work. Seminary credentials preferred.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- A biblically grounded understanding of Christian ministry and mission, including a zeal for the gospel.
- A high degree of integrity, responsibility and confidentiality.
- Exceptional ability to work with others to achieve stated goals.
- Experience and competence with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, web tools and publishing software.
- A winsome spirit and willingness to serve others
- Financial acumen.
This is a full-time (40 hour/week) position. Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Missionary-English Teacher in JapanShukugawa Bible Church
- Nishinomiya-shi, Hyogo-ken
- January 9
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- January 3
Community Engagement PastorNew Hope Wesleyan Church
- Williston, North Dakota
- January 3
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- December 30
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Fargo , North Dakota
- December 6
First Presbyterian Church of San Antonio
FPC, a brand new member of ECO (The Evangelical Covenant Order of Presbyterians), is a body of believers who are propelled outward to make Jesus visible. You’ll discover that FPC is a community that worships, grows together in faith, and serves alongside our San Antonio neighbors in order to transform our community and the world. We have a heart for the Gospel, a love for the people of San Antonio, and an enduring legacy of mission and service.More...