THE POSITION OVERVIEW: Student Ministry Director (Grades 5-12)
What you can expect from us:
- Training, coaching, and leadership
- An advocate on the lead team who speaks to the specific interest and importance of the student ministries as it applies to the vision of the whole church.
- Prayer and support to ensure you are winning in your personal life (If you are not winning at home you are not winning).
- The opportunity for professional growth.
What we can expect from you:
Big Idea Creation
- Large group content (sermons & large group materials)
- Small group content (lessons & leadership)
- Large group supplies (Object lessons, prizes, etc.)
- Small group supplies (anything to support the small group lesson.)
- Web Site
- Make sure your ministry page is up to date with info
- Create content and regularly celebrate your ministry from the stage
- Celebrate wins
- Celebrate new leaders
- Communicate upcoming events
- Flyers/facebook/41411 texts
- Create flyers and handouts for your students
All church events
- Select and organize camp events for your students
- 2 high school camps & 2 Jr high camps per year
- Create content and implement classes. Eg. Baptism class, leadership class etc.
- Organize and submit your ministries yearly calendar.
Policy and Procedures (approved by Lead Team)
- Roles and description for teams
- Emails/phone calls
- Are to be answered within 24 hours
- Hospital Visits
- To be available to visit ungrouped 242 members who are in the hospital
- A “Whatever it Takes” attitude
- Budget for all campus supplies and events
- You will be held accountable for your term goals by your Campus Pastor
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AT 2|42
The Director of Student Ministries reports directly to the Campus Pastor. The Executive Pastor of Family Ministries is your lead team representative and advocate for all church initiatives.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
The Director of Student Ministry will exhibit an honest and thriving relationship with Jesus. The right candidate will:
SEEK LIFE-CHANGE IN THEMSELVES AND OTHERS
• Abiding in Jesus as the lead discipler, grounded in the Bible as the main text, shaping their life through prayer, and committed to an accountable relationship.
• Living an authentic, contagious, and Jesus-like life that others will want.
• Practicing leadership and humility.
EARN A HEALTHY FOLLOWERSHIP
• Building trust in your team through one to one coaching relationships.
• Inspiring the Student Community team through servant leadership.
• Empowering with both high invitation and high challenge.
LEAD COLLABORATIVELY AND DECIISIVELY
• Listening for ideas from others and moving the right ones forward.
• Persuading others with grace and conviction.
• Developing relationships with high-level leaders who can make these ideas a reality among the students.
SET GOALS AND ACHIEVE RESULTS
• Developing "God-sized" and measurable goals.
• Helping others achieve their specific part in God’s mission.
• Demonstrating a track record for advancing and achieving outstanding results against internal and external standards of excellence.
• A bachelor degree preferably in a ministry related field.
• 2 years of ministry experience preferable.
• High level effective stage communicator.
• Proficient in MS Office environments, Photoshop, Google docs and ProPresenter
When formulating your resume for this position, please include the following information for each position you have held in the past 10 years:
• Your title(s), time of employment there (e.g., 1990 —2001) and details concerning transitions
• Budget, scope and size of the organization and your department upon arrival and departure
Please also include any assessments or inventories that help us know more about you: e.g. DISC, MBTI, APEST, Strengths Finder, IDAQ, EQI, etc.
• Your current pastor/minister, discipler or the ministry leader who has had the most significant impact on your life (This does not necessarily have to be the senior pastor/minister in your church.)
• Three references from your professional life - preferably a significant manager, a peer, and a subordinate
• Two personal references that can speak to your character and personal faith in Christ
In order to give us a more complete picture of you and your interest in the position, please provide thoughtful responses to each of the following questions.
1. Describe your relationship with Jesus.
2. What makes you a healthy person?
3. What is it about 2|42 that attracts you to this position?
4. Looking back over your career - and using this document as your guide - describe how your career/ministry experiences to date have prepared you for this position.
Submit these responses (in .pdf format) along with your resume and a sample of your preaching/teaching (downloadable video or viewable on web)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Student PastorChristian Faith Center
- Nampa, Idaho
- October 20
Associate Student PastorFBC Midlothian
- Midlothian, Texas
- October 20
2|42 Community Church
A HISTORY AND OVERVIEW OF 2|42 Community Church 2|42 is a multisite church in southeast Michigan which has grown from 500 on launch day to over 4500 in 10 years. We currently have 3 campuses; Ann Arbor, Brighton and now Lansing, Michigan.
OUR MISSION: "Helping People Take Next Steps With God"
OUR VALUES: Celebrate: Honor God. | Our Relationship with God Connect: Love Each Other. | Our Relationship with Each Other Contribute: Impact the World. | Our Relationship with the World
OUR FUTURE: More...