Position: Pastor of Teen Ministry
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Status: Full Time
Statement of Purpose: To provide leadership to the teen ministry by overseeing the implementation of a systematic discipling process for teens; overseeing a leadership team of adults; overseeing a ministry to parents.
Major Duties & Responsibilities: The following statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities of this position considered necessary to the performance of its overall role and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all requirements inherent in the position:
- Communicate and help implement the process for making disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Lead the pastoral staff in the evaluation of the student ministry and make the appropriate recommendations for change in programming and budget development.
- Participate in the long range planning and actively contribute to the overall philosophical development of Open Door Baptist.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings in order to update all the staff members concerning facility usage, event planning, and general programming actions.
- Lead and (depending on the size of the project) develop a team of people who will contribute to any changes in the Open Door Baptist facilities that would impact the youth ministry.
- Participate in communicating the doctrinal stance of Open Door Baptist to its members and those who attend. Also, when appropriate, teach classes, screen curriculum, and develop “position statements” in order to pursue a healthy, balanced church ministry.
- Serve occasionally by preaching/teaching in the adult worship service.
Adult Ministry Team:
- Pastor the adult ministry team in order that they may be healthy in their ministry and personal lives.
- Recruit and develop an adult ministry team that will service the youth ministry.
- Oversee periodic meetings with adults who minister to students in order to encourage and equip them to minister with/to youth.
- Oversee all aspects of the youth ministry office.
- Oversee a screening/interview process for new adult ministry team personnel.
- Oversee a leadership core that will give specific spiritual direction to the youth ministries and shepherd the A.M.T. Assign areas of ownership and be the laison to the Senior Pastor and Deacon board.
- Oversee the placement of the A.M.T., and the development of their spiritual gifts, personal talents and general abilities.
- Conduct yearly training opportunities that will define and broadcast vision, as well as initiate the philosophical development of the A.M.T.
- Consistently communicate to the parents through printed flyers and email.
- Develop creative methods in which parents and students will interact (mission trips, sports nights, etc.).
- Counsel parents when needed and oversee the referral of parents to appropriate Christian counselors.
- Oversee regular (preferably weekly) ministry events and meetings, well balanced between the four levels of ministry: reaching, building, equipping, and enlisting.
- Oversee an equipping meeting focused on peer care & peer evangelism.
- Oversee personal and corporate reaching activities that expose lost students to the gospel.
- Oversee the teachers at each level.
- Maintain a current list of all active and inactive students for mailing and general correspondence.
- In conjunction with the Missions Director develop a youth summer mission program (domestic and international) that would focus on developing mission awareness and experience.
- Visit Teens who may be sick in the Hospital
- Visit Teens participating in sporting and other activities
- Counsel youth when needed and oversee the referral of youth to appropriate Christian counselors.
- A born again believer in Jesus Christ
- Be qualified as a Pastor as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, and Titus 1:6-9
- Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and outside the church.
- Bachelor’s degree of Science (Theology, Church Ministry, Youth Ministry, Biblical Studies)
- Have experience in working with teenagers, leading and building adults, running or overseeing youth events.
- Confidential, helpful, cheerful, diplomatic, and caring positive attitude to all.
- Must attend worship services regularly and participate as an active member of ODBC.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Student Ministries Pastor - 1759MinisterSearch
- Austin Area, Texas
- January 21
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Student Ministries CoordinatorNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
Open Door Baptist Church
Open Door Baptist Church worships God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit by proclaiming Jesus Christ as the only living Savior, by fellowshipping with believers and by providing a biblical foundation for ministry. More...