Who We Are:
First Assembly of God is a strong and healthy church who recently celebrated their 75th anniversary. The staff consists of our retiring senior pastor of 25 years, four other full-time pastors, and 27 additional full and part time staff. The church currently
has no debt and the facilities are well maintained and located on 36 acres.
Cedar Rapids metropolitan area has a population of approximately 265,000 people and was named one of the 10 Best Affordable Places to Live (2015). Cedar Rapids is a great place to raise a family with its high quality education system with several universities
within a 50 mile radius.
The Pulpit Committee is now accepting resumes for the position of senior pastor. We prefer someone with five years experience as a senior pastor of a congregation of at least 400 or a staff pastor in a larger congregation. Please note that applicants must
be licensed or ordained with the Assemblies of God to be considered.
To apply, please send a cover letter including why you would be a good fit for our church, a resume, family picture, and links to two of your sermons to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salvation: Testimony to having experienced the new birth in Christ.
Baptism in the Holy Spirit: Testimony to having received the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the initial physical evidence of speaking in other tongues according to Acts 2:4.
Doctrinal position: A thorough understanding of and agreement with the Statement of Fundamental Beliefs of the Assemblies of God.
1. Overall Leadership: The senior pastor supervises the pastoral staff, assigning tasks, assessing performance, and assuring task completion. The senior pastor is an ex-officio member of all committees and provides leadership to lay leaders and routinely
meets with the Board of Deacons, Council of Elders, and other leaders.
2. Preaching: The senior pastor devotes a significant amount of time and effort to the study and exposition of God’s Word as the primary preacher in the Sunday services. The senior pastor preaches the scriptures with clarity and enthusiasm, connecting with
diverse levels of spiritual maturity.
3. Shepherding and Congregation Care: The senior pastor demonstrates a shepherd’s heart that genuinely loves, cares for and accepts the congregation. To that end, the senior pastor assures that a viable program of congregational care is implemented to address
the needs of the entire church and encourages participation in ministry opportunities and connection with smaller groups within the congregation.
4. Doctrine: The senior pastor upholds and defends the evangelical and Pentecostal faith which serves as the foundation for our beliefs.
5. Vision: The senior pastor defines and communicates the vision and objectives to both the congregation and the ministerial staff.
The Pulpit Committee of First Assembly of God
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States