- The Children’s Pastor (Director) will have a heart for the local church and young families. Possess an ongoing desire and effort to grow their relationship with Jesus Christ. Have a passion for children to learn and grow in Christ.
- Minimum 3 years experience in ministry, preferably at a church with average Sunday attendance of 1000 people or greater.
- Track record of success in recruiting, developing, and leading volunteers and teams.
- Ability to create a strategic ministry plan and associated budget.
II. PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS
As a member of the Next Generation Ministry Team and Church at the Cross (CATC) Ministry Staff, the Children’s Pastor (Director) will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight to the spiritual needs of Infants to 6th Grade children
and their families. This role will oversee the Preschool Ministry Associate and Preteen Ministry Associate so this person must be highly relational. The ideal candidate will need to have a strong team mentality, leading staff and volunteer teams to provide
spiritual development of both children and parents through regular, ongoing programming, and special services/events. The Children’s Pastor (Director) is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, dedication, cooperation, encouragement,
and prayer support as they serve Christ at CATC.
1. Cast vision and develop strategic plans consistent, and aligned, with CATC and Next Generation Ministry philosophies.
2. Implement and coordinate a ministry plan in order to achieve short-range and long-range ministry objectives resulting in spiritual transformation.
3. Oversee all major elements within the Children’s Ministry (infants – 6th Grade) including:
- Sunday Morning Life Groups
- Four Jr. Church Services (4K, K-1st, 2nd-4th, and our 5th-6th Preteen Ignite Ministry)
- Wednesday Evening Activities
- Vacation Bible School (June)
- Kid’s Camp (July/August)
- Speak at CFCA chapel weekly
4. Recruit, equip, and oversee all levels of leadership within the Children’s Ministry including volunteers, parents, interns, and paid staff.
5. Develop a strategy that engages parents in the first steps of their ongoing responsibility of sharing the Gospel & discipling their child.
- Provide tools to equip parents as primary nurturers of their child’s faith.
- Encourage the faith community to play a supportive role in this endeavor.
- Baby Dedication Celebrations and similar events will be the foundation of this process
6. Responsible for all teaching materials and curriculum to be used by the Children’s Ministry.
- Continually evaluate trends in Children’s Ministry, implementing the best quality programming for children, while evaluating sustainability with volunteer staffing.
- Intentionally build relationships with children and their families.
- Create and maintain safe and welcoming environments for all guests, children, and their families.
- Align Children’s Ministry with the other ministries while working to ensure a strong, cohesive Next Generation Ministry.
- Effectively communicate with volunteers, parents, and our church via email, text/phone blasts, website, social media, and printed materials.
- Build and manage the Children’s Ministry budgets in alignment with annual goals.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor of Ministry.
- Loves children and fostering their spiritual formation.
- A teachable and an enthusiastic learner.
- At the church for regular worship services and special services.
- Attends all Tuesday staff meetings, retreats, and conferences as directed.
- Maintains flexible working hours as determined by the needs of the ministry.
- Stays current with ministry trends including continuing education by attending conferences
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision.
- Begin and end projects within reasonable timeframes.
- Proficient with current technology and communication tools.
- Knowledgeable concerning relevant legal and governmental guidelines, regulations, laws and ethical issues.
- Aligned with organizational vision, goals, values, and policies.
- Represents the Children and Next Generations Ministry well to staff, our team leaders, parents, church, and community.
- Works well with others and within a team environment.
Bachelor’s degree required and seminary degree preferred.