Twin Rivers Worship Center is searching for an experienced leader to serve as our Children's Pastor. TRWC is a growing, multi-cultural, spirit-filled ministry in St. Louis, MO. We are passionate about reaching families for Christ and helping people Experience
God in worship, Connect through Connect Track, Grow in a Life Group, and Serve on a Team.
The Children's Pastor will have a direct connection to the fastest growing area of our church, young familes. Along with exciting ministry, the Children's Pastor will join a talented and anointed group of ministry leaders who are continuing to make a huge
impact in the community around us.
If you are interested in this position, please see the description below and send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our ministry at www.trwc.com.
CHILDREN'S PASTOR DESCRIPTION:
The Children’s Pastor is responsible for overseeing all programming pertaining to two groups: Early Childhood and Elementary. This is accomplished through supervising the Early Childhood Coordinator, who oversees programming for Birth – Kindergarten, planning
and executing all other activities/ events for children and families, and directly executing the weekly programming for 1st – 5th grade.
Type of Employment:
This is a full time position at the organization’s Team Leader level.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours Per Week: 40+ Hours
- Reports To: Executive Team
- Supervises: Children’s Team Coordinator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, schedule and lead teams of volunteers for Children’s Programming.
- Create age-appropriate environments and activities that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth for children.
- Chose and prepare age-appropriate curriculum for all children’s environments.
- Train all children’s teams.
- Work with the Connections Team Leader to maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Manage the Children’s ministry budget with sound stewardship principles.
- Manage a communication plan to keep volunteers and parents informed and encouraged, using digital reminders, social media, and other creative means.
- Plan and execute designated events with excellence.
- Maintain a good working relationship with KidStreet Director at South County Campus.
- Coordinate and work with Student Pastor on the transition ages from Children’s Ministry to The Avenue Student Ministry.
- Work with Executive Pastor on a strategy to resource and train parents at TRWC.
- Mature and ongoing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A love for Children and their families.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values & Statement of Faith of Twin Rivers.
- Training and Education in the area of Ministry Leadership or Children’s Ministry preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Ability to lead and direct volunteer teams.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong leadership skills.