Lead Pastor Mike Schreiner founded Morning Star Church (MSC) fifteen years ago with the vision of creating a “Christ-centered community of imperfect people connecting other imperfect people to the perfect love of God.” Their mission and way of accomplishing
this vision has, from the beginning, been to “form fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ by meeting people right where they are and helping them take their next step on their spiritual journey.” From the physical campus to our choice of words, MSC is aligned
around reaching those without a church home and this theme resonates across the church staff and the website.
Today, MSC has two daughter churches and an on-site “Venue” and is looking at new growth strategies for 2016 including an off-site Video Campus. With an average worship attendance of 2300 (including children), MSC is a healthy, growing church with a modern
worship culture and a congregation with an average age of 36 (roughly). Young families are booming at MSC and the energy on campus at each worship service is energizing and fun.
Outreach and Celebrate Recovery are ministries with strong in-roads to the local community - and in general, MSC has strong favor and respect from the community at large.
MSC seeks a Worship Leader who brings fresh passion to the ministry with a strong foundation. The Worship Leader will lead a diverse community of followers to engage God through musical worship, and ensure that all MSC worship experiences are executed with
excellence through the recruiting, training, and development of leaders and volunteers. The successful Worship Leader will use the various elements of worship to bring the congregation into God’s presence, and encourage and guide worshippers. The ideal candidate
will have proven experience creatively proclaiming the gospel, thereby making disciples and bringing glory to God.
The musical worship must embrace a variety in musical styles, and the current set lists move freely between Hillsong, Jesus Culture, Bethel and revised hymns. Although formal education is not a predetermining factor for this position, it is likely that they
will hold a relevant degree from an accredited college or university, with 2-3 years of relevant experience to scale.
The prospective candidate will bear the following core skills and experiences necessary to successfully execute the role of Worship Leader:
- A proven track record of leading worship successfully in an appropriate church context
- A desire for diversity and is comfortable with a wide variety of worship styles.
- Proven experience leading teams
- A history of working in multi-site churches (preferred)
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven, and high-accountability work environment
- Plan and organize in advance as well as adjust very quickly to any change that might need to be made
- Ability to manage the spiritual, technical, tactical, and numerical growth/health/development of the team.
- Emphasize health and growth for organizational expansion
- High-level networking and relational strengths
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Launch Phase:
- Start worship team recruiting and assist in specific equipment needs for worship
- Help coordination with Tech equipment ordering and inventory
- Engages, encourages, and leads the congregation through corporate worship times
- Build and train worship team
- Recruits, auditions, and schedules volunteer musicians
- Develop team and individual training plans for volunteers
- Develop cross-training programs for volunteers
- Schedule volunteer teams for training and serving
- Works with Creative Arts team to plan weekly worship including choosing music and determining service order
- Builds and loads charts, MP3s and other necessary preparation materials into Planning Center for
scheduled band members
- Prepares Pro-Presenter Script and edits slides prior to Rehearsals
- Excellent communication skills and ability to self-motivate and self-manage with a high level of competency and standards
- Experience with corporate worship and ability to recruit, train and manage a worship team
- Experience with remote and multi-site set up with worship teams
- Confident humble presence on the stage, with an ability to engage the heart of the people through music and word
- Teachable, responsive, and respectful
- Able to lead and work well with volunteer musicians graciously
- Basic knowledge of worship environment technical infrastructure
- Instrumental competency on at least one instrument; able to read and chart musical arrangements
- Growing knowledge and appreciation for spiritual and secular music from the past and present
- Able to mentor others with wisdom and grace
- A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it.
- Committed to spiritual integrity and artistic excellence.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Shepherding skills (lovingly lead, coach and counsel with wisdom and discernment).
- Committed to our community
- In agreement with our mission and values.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. It is a nonsmoking environment.
To Apply please include video of you leading worship on stage and please exclude any recording using pitch correction subtle (live pitch correction) is okay:
or Email Spencer Hirst: