At First Free we are about one thing - making disciples of Jesus Christ who glorify God as the grace of the gospel grows deep in God's people and goes wide to all peoples. That's what Jesus called his disciples to in Matthew 28 and we believe all of us have
been called to join that mission.
We are seeking an Executive Pastor to serve on our Leadership Team and co-labor with our Lead Pastor to provide strategic leadership for the accomplishment of our mission. We desire candidates to have both pastoral and administrative experience and demonstrated
abilities of empowering staff and a church family to embrace and live out a vibrant faith in Jesus Christ.
Meets the competence qualifications for an elder (1 Tim. 3; Tit. 1):
- Able to teach the Word of God.
- Manages his household with all dignity.
- Not a recent convert.
Significant experience with and able to provide strategic leadership in the church.
Significant experience with and able to build a strong staff team.
Results-focused leadership with persuasive interpersonal skills adaptable to a variety of personalities and situations.
Provide Strategic Leadership
- Serves on the Leadership Team and co-labors with Lead Pastor to provide church direction.
Provide Staff Leadership
- Works with the Lead Pastor to create a healthy work environment for our staff.
Provide Administrative Leadership
- Works with elders and trustees to ensure fiscal accountability.
- Helps Business Administrator build a budget that stewards our resources to advance our mission.
Provide Pastoral Leadership
- Fulfills general pastoral duties: i.e. teaching or preaching, prayer in corporate worship, visitation, weddings, funerals, etc.
Model Faithfulness to our Mission
- Growing in the grace of the gospel personally and helping others to do the same.
- Going wide with the gospel personally and helping others to do the same.