Church Planting: Purpose
Planting new churches in order to effectively reach more people with the life-changing hope of the gospel is a high priority for the West Michigan District of the Wesleyan Church. That's because we believe church planting is the best strategy in transforming
lives and communities. Our great desire is to help our church planters get started strong in order to not just survive, but to thrive! We will assist the church planter in personal training, as well as the training of launch, worship and ministry teams.
- Start an outreach oriented, reproducing church in the West Michigan District of the Wesleyan Church.
- Lead the new church to be a parent church with future church planting being one of its primary values.
II. Primary Responsibilities
- Prior experience as Sr. Pastor or staff person in a healthy church
- Vision and Leadership ability
- Entrepreneurial orientation
- Personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Commitment to the power and practice of prayer. (James 5:16)
- Genuine desire to win people to Christ and see them discipled in the faith. (Matthew 28:19)
- Commitment to the ministry of the local church and the importance of the home
- An interest in and genuine love for people; a cooperative spirit. (John 13: 34-35)
- Will be accountable to the West Michigan Board of Administrators (DBA) until properly recognized as an Established Church with in the Wesleyan Church.
- Will have a coach as immediate supervisor, who will work to help the planter to succeed
- Will be involved in a network of other planters in West Michigan for support, resources, and encouragement
Please visit our "Next Step" website TheHubPlantingCenter.com