Palm Coast United Methodist Church
STAFF JOB DESCRIPTION
Director of Contemporary Worship
Part Time (not to exceed 20 hrs per week)
The Contemporary Worship Leader is a spiritual and organizational leader who oversees the contemporary worship ministries of Palm Coast United Methodist Church (PCUMC). This position will provide spiritual leadership and creative support in leading the musical aspect of the Contemporary Worship service at PCUMC. The Contemporary Worship Leader should cast a vision and bring creative expression into the worship service experience to encourage growth of PCUMC.
A minimum of a High School Graduate, ordained or not ordained, Must have general knowledge of music and music theory as well as have strong leadership skills. Must have a warm and caring spirit with Spiritual gifts in the areas of mercy, teaching and evangelism. Must be able to understand and articulate United Methodist beliefs, values and social principles as outlined in the Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church.
1. Minimum of 2 years musical experience.
2. Supports, teaches, and upholds United Methodist Doctrine and the Book of Discipline.
3. Musically gifted with vocal and instrumental abilities.
4. Ability to work collaboratively with a team of clergy, paid lay staff and lay volunteers.
5. Spiritual ability to lead others both musically and organizationally as well as knowledge of the development of the musical ability of others.
6. Creativity, self-motivation, passion for worship, divine calling to serve in this ministry role.
7. Knowledge of audio systems and related technical operations.
8. Ability to lead corporate prayer and effectively communicate to appropriate audiences.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Lead a team to plan weekly contemporary worship services, as well as special/seasonal worship services.
2. Organize weekly rehearsals with worship groups.
3. Incorporate contemporary music and continually seek music that is new and relevant for worship.
4. Help ensure the maintenance of all church owned musical equipment.
5. Maintain and ensure all appropriate copyrights are current.
6. Budget for, organize, and maintain worship supplies and equipment.
7. Recruit and motivate new musicians and worship participants as needed.
8. Provide mentorship / leadership to the youth musically.
9. Craft the themes for contemporary services in conjunction with the senior pastor.
10. Regular involvement in staff appropriate meetings, activities, ministries and events at PCUMC.
11. Adheres to policies and procedures as stated in the PCUMC employee handbook.
12. Additional duties as assigned by Senior Pastor.
In cooperation with the Senior Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee, to provide an ongoing strategy for continuous improvement and to participate in continuing education experiences designed to address identified areas of growth in order to improve, enhance and develop gifts and skills in ministry.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Worship MinistriesLighthouse Community Church
- DES MOINES, Iowa
- January 16
Worship Intern/AssistantFreshwater Community Church
- Wadsworth, Ohio
- January 16
Director of Music MinistriesVenice Presbyterian Church
- Venice, Florida
- January 16
Modern Worship DirectorShiloh UMC
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- January 14
Director of WorshipCalvary Bible Church
- Neenah, Wisconsin
- January 13