The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for leading and growing children’s ministry (birth – 4th Grade) at Wooddale Church’s Edina Location. This role has the opportunity to recruit, equip and encourage volunteers, as well as pastor children
and their families. This position has the unique privilege to create environments where children will learn how much God loves them and how they can have a personal relationship with Jesus.
- Baccalaureate degree (preferably with an emphasis in Christian Education, Education, Children’s or Family Ministry) or comparable
- Experience and abilities in connecting with children and parents as well as vision casting with volunteers
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of early childhood, school aged children and their parents
- Ability to train, develop, and shepherd adults and children with whom they work
- Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church
- Be a regular participant in public worship at Wooddale Church
- Remain a member in good standing of Wooddale Church
- Create and grow a dynamic and highly engaging children’s ministry where children are excited to attend and the message is presented and communicated with excellence:
- Plan, organize, staff and support all aspects of Children’s programming at the Edina Campus including Wednesday evening programming, Sunday morning, parent engagement at home, summer and special events. This includes, but is not limited to budget, curriculum
and instruction, special events, communication, scheduling, recruitment, volunteer development/training and assessment.
- Communicate to and with Children's Ministry staff, other church staff, outside ministries and organizations, team leaders, volunteers, children and their parents.
- Purchase needed supplies and equipment.
- Recruit, build and develop a team of lay leaders and volunteers for the Edina Children’s Ministry:
- Effectively communicate purpose and vision of the Children's ministry.
- Identify and invest in team members showing strong leadership potential.
- Assess and provide support for the spiritual and emotional needs of team members.
- Evaluate volunteer’s contribution to Children's Ministry, handle conflict/confrontations with volunteer team as needed.
- Develop systems to perpetuate successful methods of implementing the above aspects of ministry.
- Support the vision and direction of Wooddale Church and the Edina campus:
- Attend Children's Ministries meetings, events, and training sessions as needed.
- Be an active participant of the Edina Campus Leadership Team.
- Assist in the marketing of the Edina Campus by building relationships within the community and being intentional in the use of building space for outside organizations.
- Participate in other projects as directed by the Edina Campus Pastor.
- Reports to the Edina Campus Pastor
- Dotted line reporting to the Children's Pastor at Eden Prairie.
- Develops and supervises volunteer team leaders and ministry workers.
- Coordinates and cooperates with other church staff and/or departments as needed.
Benefits offered include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as retirement plans.
F. EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK & TRAVEL
This position requires the ability to work on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings (especially the 5pm-8pm time) as part of your regular work week. It also requires the ability to regularly commute and work at the Edina and Eden Prairie campuses.
G. COMPANY INFORMATION
Wooddale Church is a growing, interdenominational, multi-site, faith based community that seeks to honor God by making more disciples for Jesus Christ. The vision of Wooddale Church is to impart the hope of the gospel to people here, near, and far. Across
various locations around the Twin Cities, Wooddale Church is a place where generations gather. For more information, please visit www.wooddale.org.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer