Edgewood Community Church
Youth Pastor Job Description
Who we are. Edgewood Community Church is an EFCA multi-site church in Waupun and Fond du Lac WI with an average weekly attendance of ~850 people. ECC is Gospel-centered, existing “to bring glory to God by helping people become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.” We have a healthy, growing youth ministry and desire to provide our new youth pastor with the support and systems needed to thrive. Our vision is that students would know God’s love and commit to following Jesus, practicing their faith in community and with a servant’s heart.
Position Summary. The youth pastor will be responsible for all aspects of youth ministry (6th – 12th grade) at the Waupun campus of Edgewood Community Church. In partnership with parents and the congregation, the youth pastor will have three primary responsibilities:
- Communicating God’s Word in relevant and creative ways that encourage right belief and right living.
- Leading teams of caring Christian adults to shepherd our youth.
- Developing programs and events that support our youth ministry vision.
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Salary: Dependent on experience and education
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental/Vision fund, Professional Expense fund, smartphone
plus related monthly expenses
Hours: 45 hours per week
Communicating God’s Word
- Develop annual ministry curriculum emphases and goals.
- Teach weekly at both midweek programs in support of those emphases and goals. Biblical messages are to be informed by adolescent development, are to speak to the variety of spiritual maturity and engagement expressed by our students, and are to encourage application.
- Initiate one-on-one and small group conversations with students for the purpose of helping them take next steps in their faith.
- Participate biweekly in community and/or school events in an effort to “live the gospel” in our students’ world and relationally connect not only with Edgewood students and their parents, but also with the community and unchurched students.
- Shape teaching culture by nurturing an environment where Scripture is held to be authoritative, the Spirit is invited to guide and empower, and orthodoxy leads naturally to orthopraxy.
- Recruit caring Christian adult disciples, helping them find their fit within youth ministry leadership teams and supporting them in their ministry roles.
- Equip these teams through quarterly leadership meetings for purposes of team-building, training, and evaluating ministry goals.
- Develop leaders one-on-one – coaching, praying, evaluating, inviting, etc.
- Equip, empower, and encourage Fond du Lac Campus youth ministry adult leadership team.
- Shape leadership culture by nurturing an environment where leaders are valued, heard, coached, appreciated, resourced, and released into well-fitting roles.
Developing Programs and Events
- Maintain a description of a discipled teenager and a philosophy of ministry that informs how to encourage youth toward spiritual maturity with every program or event.
- Design weekly programs which are growing in participation, enthusiasm, and excellence as all students are welcomed, shepherded, and nurtured.
- Integrate retreats, events, mission trips, and small groups into the ongoing discipleship of students.
- Establish rhythms of assessment and evaluation of ministry
- Shape ministry culture by nurturing an environment of fun, acceptance, care, God-awareness, and prayer.
- Partner with parents – offering informative meetings, providing timely communication, and inviting constructive feedback.
- Partner with congregation – finding places for youth to serve (especially with children’s ministry and nursery), finding opportunities to connect with entire church.
- Partner with staff – participate in staff meetings, collaborate on overall ministry to congregation.
- The youth pastor must evidence the qualifications for spiritual leadership as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- The youth pastor must have an authentic and growing relationship with the Lord, practicing the spiritual habits that we desire to reproduce in our ministry.
- The youth pastor should be teachable, humble, and growing in the fruit of the Spirit.
Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree with Bible training is preferred. Seminary or special training in youth ministry is a plus, being a lifelong learner is a necessity!
- At least 3 years’ experience working in youth ministry is preferred. (If that experience is as a volunteer, there must be a strong recommendation from the pastor of that ministry.)
- Aligned with the EFCA Statement of Faith, credentialed (or desire to be) by the EFCA.
- The youth pastor should be highly relational and approachable.
- The youth pastor should have a working knowledge of adolescent spiritual development.
- The youth pastor should have strong organizational and time management skills.
- The youth pastor should be willing to develop communication and teaching skills.
- The youth pastor should have proven track record of strong recruiting and training skills.
To apply for this position, please send a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PS – 4 reasons why this might be a GREAT fit for YOU!
#1. ECC’s Executive Pastor was a former Youth Pastor with 16 years of experience working with students. He is committed to helping you thrive in this role and can offer support, be a sounding-board, and provide the resources and conversation you need to develop both personally and professionally.
#2. Waupun is for lovers (of the outdoors)! You’ll find it all here – hiking, biking, fishing, swimming, cross-country skiing & snowmobiling. Waupun is located near the Horicon Marsh, Devil’s Lake, and Kettle Moraine. Our Waupun campus sits on 20 acres adjacent to a beautiful marsh, with a softball field, two sand volleyball courts, a boardwalk, a bonfire area, and a great patio surrounded by a natural grassy amphitheater.
#3. Waupun isn’t far from big city action! Centrally located between Green Bay, Madison, and Milwaukee, you are about an hour from the state’s best theaters, museums, festivals, shopping, and restaurants. Or for you sports fans, ECC is 80 miles from Lambeau (Go Pack!), 67 miles from Miller Park (Go Brewers!), and 57 miles from the UW Campus (Go Badgers!).
#4. ECC cares about the spiritual health of its leaders. While the primary responsibility for soul care rests with each individual, ECC nurtures this value by requiring a monthly spiritual retreat day for the youth pastor and by providing a generous Sabbatical policy.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor - Full TimeBeulah Alliance Church
- Edmonton, Alberta
- January 19
Student PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- January 19
Director of Youth MinistriesMountain View United Methodist Church
- Forest, Virginia
- January 19
Youth PastorGeorgetown Bible Church
- Hudsonville, Michigan
- January 18
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18