Children’s Ministry Director (CMD) :: Position Description
Classification: Part Time (20-30 hours per week, depending on the needs of the individual); Hourly
Department: Ministry Staff
Reports to: Family-Equipping Pastor
Start Date: As soon as February 1, 2016
Ministry Description: The role of Children’s Ministry Director is to provide leadership and oversight to all aspects of Children’s Ministry (particularly on Sunday mornings), to support and develop dynamic Children’s Ministry volunteer teams, and to cultivate relationships with children and their families.
One Sentence Job Description:
To create environments and opportunities in Children’s Ministry where disciples are being made.
- Vital and Growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Highly relational, hospitable, positive, flexible, and people-focused
- Strong creative and problem solving abilities
- Strong organizational skills with regard to scheduling, communication, delegation of responsibilities, and some event planning
- Commitment to excellence; commitment to “make it better”
- Ability to recruit and equip others to work together on various teams
- Active member of the church community at Calvary (upon hire)
- The greatest advocate for, and personal fan of, kids at Calvary
- 5+ years of ministry leadership experience preferred; ministry-related education preferred
- Be an active, involved member of the Children’s Ministry team. Participate in weekly meetings to foster overall program excellence through communication, support, prayer, special events and planning.
- Manage and implement Sunday programming for infants through grade five, including curriculum preparation, volunteer management, safety procedures and protocols, and facility use oversight.
- Support mid-week Awana program through partnership with volunteers, training, etc.
- Recruit, assimilate, train, and oversee volunteer teams for all programs related to Children’s Ministry (in coordination with the Family-Equipping Pastor)
- Approach Children’s Ministry programming through the lens of family-equipping, fostering important partnerships with parents. Parents must be acknowledged, equipped, and held accountable as the primary spiritual disciplers of their families
- Ensure that volunteer staff is appropriately screened and background checked prior to beginning their volunteer positions
- Provide adequate communication of duties, schedules, and expectations to the volunteer teams
- Keep rooms, clean, safe & well supplied
- Work jointly with the Children’s ministry Team to plan and implement VBS
- Support other special projects, as time allows
Hours & Logistics:
While hours are flexible, it is realistic to expect that a great deal of the work will need to take place at the church building. An office space within the Children’s Ministry area with a computer is provided. Because there is a high degree of contacting volunteers with this position, it is understood that some work will need to be accomplished in the evenings and remote computer access will be provided. Note that this position will require the individual to work most Sunday mornings as well as and Wednesday nights during the school year.
Reporting Structure and Support
The Children’s Ministry Director will report to the Family-Equipping Pastor. He or she will be assisted by a great volunteer team, an Executive Assistant to the pastoral team, and the Family-Equipping Pastor.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Connie Edwards, Executive Assistant to Pastors, at email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorLife Church of Fort Collins
- Fort Collins, Colorado
- September 28
Youth DirectorPleasant Home Community Church
- Gresham, Oregon
- September 28
Adult Ministry PastorBrandywine Valley Baptist Church
- Wilmington, Delaware
- September 28
Director of Children's MinistryScioto Ridge United Methodist Church
- Hilliard, Ohio
- September 28
Associate Children's PastorGT Church
- West Lawn, Pennsylvania
- September 27
Calvary Evangelical Free Church
Calvary Evangelical Free Church is focused on loving and serving well in the Rochester community. As Rochester grows and changes, Calvary is excited about how we will engage with individuals and families to bring the gospel in relevant ways. Having planted several churches in its history, Calvary is not afraid to innovate and expand, but has also found a way to serve well those within our walls. We are looking for families who want to partner together to bring solid faith foundations to the next generation. More...