Pathway Christian Church
Children’s Minister/Director Job Description
- The Senior Minister
- The Elder Board
Requisites and Experience:
- Strong dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated through regular prayer, personal Bible study and worship attendance.
- A degree in Biblical Studies and/or Children’s Ministry from a Christian University/College strongly preferred.
- Experience on a ministry staff with record of leading children ministries.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to manage, mobilize and motivate people.
- Strong organizational gifts as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Record of strong commitment to unity and community, who understands Biblical submission to authority and Biblical conflict resolution (Matthew 18).
- Possesses a servant heart and models servant leadership (washing feet).
- A healthy emotional and spiritual life. If married, the spouse must be an enthusiastic supporter of ministry as well as actively involved in the church.
- Conviction of the centrality of the family in reaching and discipling children.
- Record of effective leadership in children ministries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, oversee, and communicate vision for Children’s Ministry leaders and volunteers.
- Oversee the recruitment, training, scheduling, and development of all volunteers in the Children’s Ministry programs.
- Maintain contact with parents, keeping them informed of topics/themes being studied, special events, etc. through printed notices, email, internet, Facebook, text messages, phone calls, blog, etc.
- Provide tools for parents to equip them in their role as primary spiritual caregivers of their children.
- Cultivate healthy parent and child relationships.
- Foster strong working relationship with Children’s Ministry volunteer staff and coordinate with them on systems, use of curriculum, and outreach efforts.
- Administer curriculum, policies, procedures, and vision for Pathway Children’s Ministry.
- Create and oversee organizational systems to ensure the Children’s Ministry areas remain clean, organized, and safe.
- Responsible for set-up, check-in and registration materials for weekend services.
- Lead special events in Children’s Ministry such as Child Dedication, etc. (Including VBS, Camp, Monthly Children Events, Harvest Festival)
Main Areas of Weekly Focus:
- Sunday Morning Sunday School/Second Hour Large Group Teaching.
- Wednesday Evening Adventure Club.
- Friday Night Celebrate Recovery “Celebration Station” for Elementary School Children.
- Finding A Meaningful Way Into Local Elementary Schools.
Ideal Children’s Minister/Director Candidate:
Pathway Christian Church in Riverside California has an EXCITING ministry opportunity for someone sold out to making a difference in the lives of children and their families! This mission if you choose to accept it is not for the faint of
heart. Pathway’s Children’s Ministry has grown over 300% in the past year and we are going
“ALL-IN” with our ministry to children. It is our belief that it is a sin to bore children with the Word of God! This is an exciting ministry and moving this ministry forward starts with us finding the right leader. So, who are we looking for…Someone
who loves helping children grow in their faith. Someone who is creative in teaching God’s Word. Someone who is able to recruit and train volunteers. Someone who wants to be a team player. Someone who is willing to take risks for the Kingdom.