The purpose of the Student Ministries Pastor is to engage students (6th – 12th grades) in VMC’s Transformational Loop (see below), while developing a team that supports all areas of student ministries so that student ministries can
grow deep to reach wide.
Qualifications and Gifts
The Student Ministries Pastor needs to agree with Ventura Missionary Church’s Statement of Faith and agree to employment subject to and conditioned upon a lifestyle consistent with that Statement of Faith. This position must have a philosophy of ministry
that is aligned with Scripture, with our Statement of Faith, and with our Core Values and Vision. Gifts that are consistent with this role are: Leadership, Organization or Administration, and Encouragement.
The Heart of Leadership at VMC
- Own your part of the vision – Each leader at VMC must be passionate about their role in the Transformational Loop.
- Develop Teams – Each leader must expand their capacity by developing effective teams to fulfill the vision.
- Create, plan and budget to effectively and efficiently produce results.
- Celebrate results – VMC is excited about the stories of transformation and wants to celebrate them regularly.
- Solve problems – Each leader at VMC works to remove obstacles to growth.
If you submit an application, we will provide you with a copy of our Transformational Loop.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Education: BA/BS or above in a related field (Biblical studies, Youth Ministry, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in planning and organizing ministry programming
- 3+ years of experience in youth ministry
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to students (6th-12th grades) and families
- Communication skills: written, verbal and interpersonal
- Leading and coordinating ministry initiatives
- Organizational skills, detail-oriented, with an ability to multi-task
- Strong work ethic
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution techniques
- Operate in a team environment, often working cross-functionally with other teams
- Biblical qualifications for ministry leadership
This is a working list and may be adjusted at any time by your supervisor
- Responsible for executing the Student Ministry program consistent with our Transformational Loop and mission to live and share the transforming love of Jesus.
- In conjunction with VMC’s GO Pastor, ensure that the student group’s ministry is engaged with the community and world in missions.
- Execute ministry through volunteer structure by instructing and supervising leaders
- Contribute to a dynamic Family Life staff team with shared vision and ministry goals
- Plan and direct Tuesday and Wednesday night large group programs
- In conjunction with the Groups Director, develop group leaders that will assist with and implement the groups ministry program
- Plan and direct monthly FNL outreach events
- Plan and direct camps and retreats including Winter Retreat, Summer Camp, and DKSS
- Assist with departmental administrative needs, programming and policies
- Speak monthly in High School and Middle School large group ministry
- Attend weekly all-staff meetings
- Attend weekly departmental meetings
Generally Monday – Thursday at office and Sunday worship services on campus, evening ministry events, some additional evenings for meetings, and occasional weekend events.
Please send a cover letter, resume and any other supporting documentation to Pastor Ricardo Quintana at email@example.com and Leslie Thomson at firstname.lastname@example.org.