The Worship Leader will lead and equip a vibrant worship team in the musical aspects of the Worship service. The primary focus of this part-time salaried position (approx.. 15-20 hours a week) is to plan, coordinate, and lead weekly worship services utilizing
creative elements to help Southview accomplish its mission of doing whatever it takes to share the hope and love of Jesus Christ with our community and our world.
Worship Leader Responsibilities:
- Select music for Sunday worship services (coordinating it with Sunday’s sermon).
- Lead weekly rehearsals with the worship team.
- Actively recruit, train, and disciple worship team volunteers.
- Work closely with the sound, media, video, and lighting to ensure an environment of excellence at each service.
- Plan, develop, and coordinate special church worship services (e.g., special emphases, Christmas Eve, Good Friday).
- Build services through Planning Center and ProPresenter.
- Manage all worship-related income and expenditures.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to know, love and serve God.
- Exemplify the church’s values and uphold the staff policies.
- Show proficiency on guitar or keyboard (preferably both).
- Be able to read music (ability to play by ear is a plus).
- Exhibit proven experience as a leader, performer and teacher working with and directing an eclectic group of musicians.
- Working effectively with internal and external teams.
- Have proficiency with basic sound, lighting, and video production equipment and methodology.
- Show a knowledge of modern worship music, traditional hymns, and secular songs appropriate for worship settings.
- Be able to make transition prayers and comments between songs as needed.
- Relate to and lead a multi-generational congregation in worship.
- Have excellent oral communications skills.
- Exhibit a high level of initiative, motivation and enthusiasm.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality, listen effectively and resolve conflicts in a productive God-honoring manner.
For More Information, send a resume and video sample of you leading worship to firstname.lastname@example.org