DOES THIS DESCRIBE YOU?
Are you interested in seeing God use you in ways you never imagined? Our team is seeking an innovative, passionate, Jesus-loving Children's leader to join our team. Our church is 10 years young, and our staff culture is playful but driven. We are driven
by the mission - to help ordinary people say YES in taking their Next Steps with our Extraordinary God. We are growing fast, and are praying for God to send us a creative, engaging, administrative, leader who can help our Children's Ministry of 100 children
grow to over 200 in the next chapter of our church.
We are looking for a leader who will bring a growing ministry to the next level. A passion for finding creative solutions to plant the love of Jesus deep into children's hearts is essential! He or She will be a natural leader with strengths in team building,
equipping, organization and communication. This isn't a career, it's a calling!
If God has placed that calling on your life to join us, apply today.
PERSONALITY & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
· Passion and calling to see children grow in their relationship with God.
· Contagious Positive Attitude
· Vision Leader
· Team Player
· A proven track record of success in leading a children's ministry of 100-250+ children
· Strong Administrative skills to recruit, lead, manage volunteers and team leaders.
· 3+ years’ experience in Children’s Ministry.
· College Education in Elementary Education or Early Child Development Preferred.
The Children’s Ministry Director (CMD) is the primary overseer for the spiritual leadership, coordination and organization of the all environments for infants-5th grade. CMD also is strategically and intentionally integrated into the NPC Student
Ministry as a partner in the spiritual life span development of each NPC child/student/teen. Likewise the Student Ministry Director (SMD) is partnered in the Children’s Ministry to cultivate relationships with children from Elementary through High School.
It is a great partnership we call LifeSpan Ministry. Both the CMD & SMD help each other achieve the mission! This unique approach to ministry is designed to build upon relationships with children and parents to support the spiritual journey of each child,
identify leaders at an early age & equip them to be fully devoted followers of Christ.
Children’s Director must understand how to prioritize relationships within their team and congregation, demonstrating a passion for calling people to a mission field within the church and equipping leaders and volunteers to carry out the vision.
- Provide vision, strategy, & development for all Children’s Ministry environments
- Recruit, Train & Develop leaders and volunteers
- Cultivate fun and age appropriate environments for children to learn and grow
- Oversee and ensure safety of children at all times
- Be a source of spiritual support/counsel to children, families, volunteers & staff.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families
- Plan and oversee special events throughout the year– (Kids Camp, VBS, Etc)
- Create opportunities for children to experience Missions in practical ways.
- Provide parents tools for leading their children spiritually
- Be available to Pastors and staff for support and assistance in other areas
- Support all church wide events and activities with childcare needs, both volunteer and paid opportunities.
- Build relationships with other local children’s ministries and leaders.
- Communicate Children Ministry updates with the church and community (bulletin, announcements, web updates, videos, social media etc)
Manage facilities to ensure a clean, healthy environment in the CM Department.