Big Idea: Almost anyone can count the number of apples on a tree, but few can count the number of trees in an apple. As a church leader, you know the importance of equipping every member for ministry through the S.H.A.P.E.(Spiritual
Gifts-Heart-Ability-Personality-Experience) strategic training and leadership development. In order for our church to thrive, the purpose of ministry must be championed with passion.
We are looking for an experienced leader who believes his gifts and skills are God-inspired to equip leaders and build ministry teams. We are looking for a pastor with a passion for helping people discover how they are shaped for serving God.
What we are thinking: Committed to equipping every church member for their God-given ministry; Experienced in equipping leaders for ministry oversight and team building; Gifted at communicating, teaching and strong relationally.
What we are looking for: Coaching adults to discover their "sweet spot" for serving; Recruiting, training, and leading volunteers in the Volunteer Staff Training (leadership incubator); Equippinmg people to lead rather than simply doing
all of the ministry yourself; Being a team player working with other team leaders to help equip their ministry teams; Shepherding ministry teams to excellence and finishing strong; Guiding people to start new ministries from scratch.
Who we are looking for: Serving as a pastor is more about
Being than Doing. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate has a clear testimony of salvation and meets the character qualifications listed in the following passages (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:2-3).
He shall exhibit a Holy Spirit empowered passion for God and a Christ-like spirit. These qualifications will be evidenced in his personal life, his family relationships, and his ministry. He nurtures his inner self through a disciplined life of daily fellowship
with God in prayer and Bible study. A driving passion in this individual must be the formation of Christ in others and equipping others for ministry ( 1 Thessalonoans 2:8; Galations 4:19; Ephesians 4:11-16).
What is expected:
- Discover: Gifts and abilities. Intentionally seek to initiate and assist the members at FBC to dicover their unique design for ministry as it relates to the whole body of Christ for the purpose of preparing them to minister to the Lord, other
believers, and unbelievers through the enabling power of the Holy Spirit so the church will be built up in unity and a personal knowledge and relationsip with Him. This will initially include utilizing a "Spiritual Gift Test" and a SHAPE profile.
- Equip: Train and resource. Create an environment of continued learning for the members of FBC in understanding their spiritual gifts and train them to use them for the glory of God. This will include obtaining and making resources available,
training volunteer staff in their area of ministry, and recruiting/encouraging members to understand, commit, and fulfill the membership covenant.
- Sheperd: Oversight and follow-up. Systematically and intentionally provide analysis for and over ministry teams and individuals providing further training, coaching, and mentoring if needed. Provide accountability and protection against spiritual
enemies in all areas of ministry. Develop a system of following up with members/staff continually evaluating, training, and sheperding.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education and/or Experience; Baccalaureate degree and divinity degree are desirable. Seeing the potential in others and understanding the power of resemption and Holy Spirit enablement in human life.
- Communication Skills; Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensative inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to public groups.
- Reasoning Ability; Ability to apply biblical principles along with logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
conclusions that reflect our mission statement.
- Other; Must provide refrences. Must pass a background check. Ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations, as well as independently, is critical. Must possess solid time management skills and organizational
abilities. Ability to coordinate several activities at once, while quickly analyzing and resolving specific problems is important. Ability to communicate and establish effective working relationships with all levels of people, conveying a genuine concern
for their needs is essential.