The Worship Pastor’s purpose is to engage people in the Transformational Loop through worship to our God in music and other experiential elements, while developing the skills and talents of others to lead and participate in the gatherings.
Qualifications and Gifts
The Worship Pastor needs to agree with Ventura Missionary Church’s Statement of Faith and agree to employment subject to and conditioned upon a lifestyle consistent with that Statement of Faith. This position must have a philosophy of ministry that is aligned with Scripture, with our Statement of Faith, and with our Core Values and Vision. Gifts that are consistent with this role are: Leadership, Musicianship, Organization or Administration, and Encouragement.
The Heart of Leadership at Missionary
Own your part of the vision
Each leader at Missionary must be passionate about their role in the Transformational Loop.
Each leader must expand their capacity by developing effective teams to fulfill the vision.
Create, plan and budget
To effectively and efficiently produce results.
Missionary is excited about the stories of transformation and wants to celebrate them regularly.
Each leader at Missionary works to remove obstacles to growth.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Education: BS/BA degree preferred in the area of music and/or theology.
- Have at least five years of worship leading experience in church settings of over 1000 attendees.
- Have vision and ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a worship program.
- Have music skills and leadership experience in planning and overseeing worship services.
- Have vocal and instrumental proficiency in a contemporary/modern music setting (preferably guitar or piano).
- Able to recruit and develop volunteer worship leaders.
- Able to incorporate various musical styles appropriately.
- Proficiency in worship planning resources (e.g. Planning Center, CCLI Song Select, and ProPresenter).
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution techniques
- Operate in a team environment, often working cross-functionally with other teams
The following information describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties.
- Prepare for and lead worship and reflection in weekend gatherings or other gatherings as assigned by the Gathering Pastor.
- Promote involvement with the Transformational Loop by encouraging teams to participate in groups as well as GO and do music outside of the church walls.
- Design and develop a worship plan for message series, seasonal settings and annual themes.
- Schedule and lead rehearsals.
- Provide pastoral leadership and care for the worship ministry team as well as other pastoral care needs that are assigned by the Gathering Pastor.
- Deepen and develop the congregation’s understanding of worship.
- Create and develop leader and volunteer training.
- Organize and manage all music resources.
- Identify, equip, develop and shepherd volunteers to grow in their gifts and abilities of leading worship and playing an instrument.
- Attend weekly all-staff meetings and creative team meetings.
- Create and implement systems that recruit and engage new people to volunteer.
- Encourage engagement of all volunteers and leaders in Groups (The Transformational Loop).
Schedule is flexible. Office hours as designated by Ministry Leaders on Monday through Thursday, with seasonal evening meetings and commitments as required by ministry programming.
Please send us a cover letter, your resume and video(s) links showing you while you are leading worship.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student and Children's Worship PastorGrace Point Church
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- September 24
Youth / Worship PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- September 23
Pastor of WorshipAnchorage City Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- September 22
Director of Worship Arts and ProgrammingNorthwest Chapel
- Dublin, Ohio
- September 22
Worship PastorThe Ransom Church
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- September 22