The primary purpose of this position is to build relationships with both believer and non-believer middle and high school students to help them discover and live out their role in God’s story. The goal of the Youth Ministry Associate Team Leader is to be
able to regularly hear and tell stories of someone taking a step closer to faith in Jesus and a believer taking significant steps of growth to becoming more like Jesus.
The Youth Ministry Associate Team Leader has primary responsibility for assisting the Family Ministry Director and the Youth Ministry Leader in developing and implementing plans to reach youth in the Lake Norman Area. The person in this role will help create
and implement plans to attract believers and non-believers. Regardless of the role you have, everything you do is still for ministry and to further the gospel of Christ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the director and team leader to create, plan, and implement weekly middle and high school gatherings that are attractive to believers and non-believers.
- Contact work with youth weekly by going to games, watching practices, going to schools for lunch, taking kids out for coffee and any other concepts that build relationships
- Prepare and deliver talks once per month for both middle and high school youths
- Assist the director and leader with recruiting, training, equipping, developing, and nurturing our youth leaders
- Prepare for and lead a weekly small group
- Assist the director and leader in planning for and the implementation of Sunday nights
- Assist the director and leader in planning and executing special youth related events and retreats.
- Assist with planning youth trips and prepare to help lead them
- Responsible for maintaining the youth social media
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Must have strong relational skills. Oral and written communication skills. Possess management, leadership and team recruiting/development skills. Good at conflict resolution. Must be gifted in leadership with a passion for youth developing a relationship
with Christ and growing in their relationship with Him. Have the ability to counsel students and families with a spirit of grace and truth. Should be proficient with the use of media, computers and editing software. Must have a
saving faith in Jesus Christ and be willing to commit to the mission and essentials of faith of Evangelical Presbyterian Churches of America.
Must have the ability to lift or move 40 pounds and push 500 feet in a wheeled cart and to climb a ladder. Must possess very good manual dexterity to operate computer, copy/fax machines, telephone, and other office equipment. Demonstrate physical dexterity
in moving, bending, stooping, climbing, stretching, pushing and pulling.
High School diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred. Training in Youth ministry would be a plus.
2-3 years of prior youth ministry experience. Experience working in a successful, dynamic student ministry. Possess a successful track record for recruiting and developing volunteers. Have significant experience in discipling and evangelizing youth. Worked
with and have a working knowledge of all AV equipment.