Assistant Worship Producer
St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
St. Luke’s UMC is one of the largest United Methodist Churches in the U.S. with a membership of 6700. Started by a group of visionary leaders in 1953, St. Luke’s is an open community of Christians gathering to seek, celebrate, serve and share the love of
God for all creation. We envision being transformed by God and transforming the world into a compassionate, just, inclusive, Christ-like community.
The Assistant Worship Producer is responsible for the overall coordination and administration of the creative design process leading up to the production of weekend services and special events. This includes coordinating communication between worship ministry
staff and volunteer team leaders/members to ensure timely production of all weekend service creative elements.
Specific Skills, Gifts, Talents Needed
- Team builder: Passionately and consistently seeking to share the joy of serving others. Empower, equip and unleash volunteers to use their God-given talents and gifts.
- Organization: Provides on-going organizational leadership to volunteer leaders and teams throughout the week.
- Communicator: Communicates needs and expectations to staff and volunteers—works constantly to create clarity and remove confusion.
- Creativity: Brings fresh ideas and perspectives production; adds consistent value through visual elements.
- Relationship builder: Able to connect authentically with others and build relationships of mutual trust and support. Creates a warm and welcoming environment for fellow staff and volunteers.
- Initiator: Sees what needs to be done and takes action without waiting for prompting or direction from others; is a “self-starter.”
- Faithfulness: Actively seeks to grow in personal relationship with God; serves out of a sense of call and is committed to the vision of St. Luke’s.
- Recruit and direct volunteer leaders and team members in various support roles of worship including audio, video, graphic projection and lighting production.
- Work with the Worship Production Team to document creative service elements and production ideas for all media associated with a particular series/weekend service.
(Planning Center Online)(2 -3 hours)
- Work with A/V Director to create and distribute all required documentation (cue sheets, volunteer schedules, work instructions, etc.) for each weekend service or special event so that volunteer team members are informed and ready to serve.
- Work with A/V Director to insure that all equipment and software connected with worship is updated and working to maximum efficiency.
- Responsible for the production of all media files (sermon slides, lyrics, images, etc.) as needed for weekend services and special events.
(Pro Presenter)(4-6 hours).
- Oversee and/or function as the primary programmer for lighting systems in all venues, working with volunteer operators responsible for lighting during weekend services and special events.
- Utilizing and empowering volunteer Production Managers, function as Senior Program Director overseeing activities for rehearsals and live production in traditional & contemporary services; ensuring issues are resolved quickly and with minimal negative impact
on weekend services and special events. (12-14 hours)
- Engage with Worship Directors each week to discuss vision and direction for each Sunday. (1 hour each = 2 hours weekly)
- Conduct weekly Pre-production meeting with A/V Director and volunteer Production Managers. (2 hours)
- Conduct weekly Production meeting with Worship Pastor, Senior Pastor Admin, Worship Directors and officiating pastors (2 hours)
- Work with Clergy and Worship Directors for long-range vision casting and planning. (TBD)
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a staff member in an Arts ministry or other related production support capacity.
- Possession of a BS/BA Degree in Business, Theater, Film, Video Production, Graphic Design or related field is a plus.
- Self-starter, organized, and possess the ability to see major projects through to completion, resolving issues as needed along the way.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Pro Presenter, The City, Planning Center Online and other related production applications is required along with significant knowledge of and experience with internet resource gathering.
- Qualified candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com.