Purpose of Ministry:
To bring glory to God by reaching the unchurched in the New Port Richey area of Florida. The opportunity and resources exist to design, launch and foster a brand new worshipping community at an existing church that has earmarked funds for youth and young families.
General Characteristics of Position
This position will have youth work of ordinary difficulty and responsibility as a person who is the central visible leader of student and worship ministries.
- Have a committed and growing relationship with Jesus the Christ.
- Passionate about youth and their families.
- Ability to play and lead music in a millennial worshipping style.
- Effective communication skills—written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Flexible full time work 40 hours per week including Sundays.
- Develop and direct regular weekly programs and special activities, which include a weekly Bible study and evening fellowship groups.
- Lead confirmation classes as well as high school membership classes.
- Develop and coordinate youth trips and mission projects.
- Develop a youth-led mid-week worship service.
- Attend events outside of the church in which youth are participants; i.e., sports, school activities, and community projects.
- Recruit and train volunteers for youth ministry
- Develop and advise leadership council in the shaping of youth ministry.
- Develop and coordinate notices for church communications, i.e. bulletins, calendars, emails, etc.
- Develop and manage the budget for youth ministry.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Athletic and artistic abilities or at least proven commitment to both
- Good computer and social networking media skills
- Dynamic teacher (able to teach tenets of the Christian faith, fundamental Christian values and how to apply these to life situations)
- Experience with coordinating retreats, mission trips and regional outings
- Musical background/experience in worship environments (guitar experience a plus)
- Knowledge of Reformed Theology
Schooling, training, and experience:
- Minimum of two years experience in youth ministry or equivalent
- Degree in Youth Ministry or equivalent from accredited school preferred
Email Resumes to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of High School MinistryThe Bridge Bible Church
- Bakersfield, California
- October 27
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Student Ministry PastorHighlands Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 25
Student Ministries DirectorDayspring Church
- Auburn, Indiana
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
St. Andrews Presbyterian Church
Our ministry and community life are undergirded by a theology that is Reformed, orthodox and evangelical. For us, this means we are led by and grounded in the teachings of Scripture, filled with gratitude for the salvation Christ brings, informed by the confessions of other like-minded theologians, and emphatic in the intelligent application of our faith. Our faith centers upon Jesus Christ as the Word of God revealed to us. Jesus is revealed to be the “way, truth and life.” Through him, we receive the fullness of God and enter i More...