New Bridge Baptist Church, Sandston, VA, is prayerfully seeking our next Worship Leader. The Worship Leader is a member of the Ministry Team of NBBC made up of nine full-time and part-time staff members. This position will work with the Senior Pastor and Music Ministry Assistant to plan and lead weekly worship services as well as special events during the year. The Worship Leader will set the tone for corporate worship by modeling an authentic passion for Jesus through the church’s music ministry. The Worship Leader will work with a Praise Band, Praise Choir, and a Praise Team drawn from committed members of the Praise Choir.
New Bridge Baptist Church is a member of the Southern Baptist Convention and the Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia. We are theologically conservative, and all Ministry Team members adhere to the Baptist Faith and Message (2000). Our mission statement is, “At New Bridge Baptist Church, we want every person to Love God through worship, Learn Together through small groups, and Serve Others through missions and ministry.”
We have two mirror-image worship services at 8:30 and 11:00 that are musically blended (leaning toward a contemporary style of music). NBBC reaches out to the communities of Eastern Henrico County, New Kent County and Richmond, VA, with numerous ministries including, but not limited to: New Bridge Wee Center, New Bridge Academy, AWANA, Upwards Basketball, A Touch of Hope, and various mission projects.
- Be a born-again believer in Jesus Christ with a clear conversion experience and baptism by immersion.
- Be maturing in Christ as evidenced by an active, daily, quiet time of prayer and Bible study.
- Be active in evangelism and outreach.
- Be relational in ministry, discipling others to a deeper walk with Christ.
- Must possess some prior experience as a worship leader
- Must be able to read music (education in music a plus)
- Must be able to lead a praise band, praise choir, and a praise team
- Skill with an instrument preferred
- Knowledge of sound equipment a plus
- Work with Ministry Team members to create a well-planned and prayerful worship service.
- Lead the music portion of all regular and seasonal worship services
- Lead rehearsals with the Praise Band, Praise Choir, and Praise Team
- Develop an annual music budget
- Acquire new music equipment as needed (and appropriate)
- Actively participate in the broader ministry of NBBC
New Bridge Baptist Church
5701 Elko Rd.
Sandston, VA 23150
If interested in being considered for this position, please send a cover letter and a resume or personal profile to the following e-mail address, attn: Rob Edwards. Once we have received your inquiry, we will decide whether we wish to communicate further with an in-depth questionnaire. Please do not respond by regular mail or telephone.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Organist/Music DirectorSt.John the Evangelist
- Abington, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18