POSITION: Music Assistant (P/T Non-Exempt 20 hours/wk)
STAFF CLASSIFICATION: Staff 4
REPORTS TO: Minister of Music
RESPONSIBILITY: To assist the Minister of Music in the administration of tasks and functions relevant to the management of the music ministry
- Assisting the Minister of Music with communications (e-mail, phone calls, etc.); Utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher to edit and create informative or promotional material; and using database management software to track music inventories.
- Organize and coordinate events, schedules, and persons as requested by the Minister of Music.
- Work on an as-needed basis to assist the Minister of Music with some special events outside of normal office hours.
- Assist the Minister of Music in moving chairs, music stands, and boxes of music on a weekly basis.
- Assist Associate Ministers of Music as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by Minister of Music.
- Education: Experience in Fine Arts or Music context.
- Work Experience: 2+ years experience in performing office related functions.
- Excellent organizational, administration and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Education: Formal training in music; B.F.A. or minor in music preferred.
- Work Experience: 5+ years experience in performing office related functions, and strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Excel. Some experience with database management software.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to