Director of Youth Ministries
First United Methodist Church, Palestine, TX
Make a difference in the lives of youth at this historic Methodist church in the heart of Palestine, Texas. In this fulltime position, you will help grow an established ministry to bring 6th through 12th grade students into a deeper
maturity in the Christian faith.
- Develop a weekly program to engage Junior High and High School students.
- Plan and promote all major events and weekly programs that target youth and their parents in both congregation and community.
- Communicate regularly with youth and parents, both in person and in written form, to keep them apprised of the youth programs and to provide an avenue for two-way communications (including by bulletin boards, Facebook and website updates, email, newsletter
articles and bulletin announcements).
- Prepare, submit and administer a youth budget and annual goals for approval by church leadership.
- Keep church leadership informed of youth activities, plans and individual concerns/challenges on a weekly basis to solicit input, support and promotion of the program.
- Lead or recruit/equip leaders for Sunday morning, Sunday evening and Wednesday evening ministries with students.
- Participate in the congregation’s worship life, assisting the pastor as needed.
- Recruit and develop student and adult leaders for planning and implementing ministries with youth and their families.
- Encourage and lead attendance at youth camps and outreach ministries.
- Be active in school and community ministries that involve youth.
- Must be a leader who relates well to students and their families.
- Musical abilities or worship technology skills preferred.
- Must have good communications skills, both oral and written.
- A college degree and United Methodist background are preferred.
- Applicants must submit to a criminal background and consumer credit check.
- Must complete Safe Sanctuary Training