Thanks for checking the Small Groups Director position at SouthPoint. Below are some of the highlights of the job description. If you would like to find out more about SouthPoint and how this postition fits in the larger picture of the church and fill
out our application, please head over to www.SouthPoint4u.com/jobs.
The Big Picture:
Is a high capacity person who leads and develops leaders, strategies, and systems to provide easy, accessible, and deliberate opportunities for people to connect relationally and grow spiritually.
Uses strategic and organizational skills to create: an annual plan, leaders, teams, and environments that will cause insiders and outsiders to move from being relationally disconnected to connected at SouthPoint. Demonstrate both skill and integrity in executing
systems and aligned plans that will motivate SouthPoint attenders to own and take their “next-step” in becoming more like Jesus (spiritual growth).
This role is responsible for ensuring that the SouthPoint community at all campuses (one church in multiple locations) is connected to one another and building community through a clear, relevant, and strategic small groups and next steps ministries. This
role will regularly partner with Campus Pastors and on-site small group champions through meetings and communication with the outcome of being geographically flexible while maintaining the DNA of SouthPoint.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Primary vision-caster and communicator for the small groups and next steps
- Lead leaders of leaders through the 4 E’s of leadership (Envisioning, equipping, encouraging and empowering)
- Responsible for strategies and systems to:
o Recruit leadership, coaches, small group leaders
o Organize group connections three times a year (based on the trimester system)
o Facilitate small group training at least three times a year
o Create small group and next step choices for each semester
o Assist attendees in finding small groups
o Meet regularly with:
§ Leadership team
§ Small group champions
§ Small group leaders
- Partner with larger staff team to ensure the core values at SouthPoint stay current and relevant.
- Communicate and support Campus Pastors as it relates connection and next steps.
- Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff when appropriate and within defined roles.
- Provide direction and guidance to volunteer team leaders not directly involved in small groups.
What will be measured:
- Effectiveness and efficiency of executing annual strategic plan
- Number of leaders recruited, trained, and empowered
- Number of groups and attendance
- Next Step “on-ramps” clearly identified, communicated, and executed
- Number of people who engaged in Next Step on-ramps