Located in desirable Sacramento, California, near both the mountains and the ocean, Fremont Church is committed to a full and diverse set of ministries, including strong music, youth and children's programs, which attract large numbers of
community members. Both traditional and contemporary worship services are offered on Sunday mornings. We seek to maximize the opportunity God has given us both to grow in maturity in Christ and to engage our community with the message of Christ.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Create and implement a ministry program that includes Sunday High School Fellowship, mid-week Bible studies, special events, mission trips, and leadership development that emphasize discipleship and outreach.
- Serve as lead teacher for high school ministry programs.
- Recruit, equip, and encourage volunteer leaders to assist in the program and develop relationships with students
- Develop an active discipleship program for students and volunteer staff.
- Work in coordination with the staff supervisor to manage program budget and set long-range goals.
- Participate in regular church staff meetings and provide leadership where appropriate.
- Develops ministries that address the needs of families with high school students.
- Creative energy and drive to lead a ministry that is unique and attractive to high school students.
- Demonstrated ability to develop scripture-based lessons and applications to the challenging world in which youth live.
- Character and integrity that serve as a positive role model for the students at Fremont and in the city of Sacramento.
- Commitment to discipling high school students and the desire to walk beside them as they grow in their faith.
- Passion for developing leaders to disciple and mentor high school students
- Public presence that models leadership, positive communication, and understanding.
- Ability to develop and articulate the vision for a vibrant, inspirational, and thriving student ministry program that is consistent with the overall vision of the church
- Proven track record of equipping volunteer high school leaders
- Demonstrated ability to develop systems that support and strengthen the high school ministry
- Possess at least five years experience in youth ministry leadership and a bachelor’s degree (applicable ministry experience, both paid and volunteer, can be substituted in some cases); some basic theological education is desirable.
Fremont provides compensation commensurate with other churches with similar positions. Fremont offers a competitive package with a salary range starting at $45,000, as well as health (medical, dental, and vision), vacation, and retirement benefits. Determination
of placement in the salary range will include consideration of academic degrees, training, and experience.
A resume which includes the following information must be submitted to Fremont Presbyterian Church:
- Employment history
- Educational training
- Church history/ministry experience
- Three (3) references
In addition, please include a written response to each of the following:
- Share your personal Statement of Belief and spiritual journey.
- Provide a description of an experience that illustrates your passion for ministering to high school students.
- Identify the important components of your vision for a successful high school ministry.
- Describe a situation where you grew a ministry from small to large or from struggling to thriving.
- Why do you feel God might be leading you to Sacramento and, more specifically, to Fremont Presbyterian Church?