Children’s Ministry Director
NewPath Church, Raleigh, NC
Church Size: 125-225
Job Type: Part-Time
NewPath Church is a year-old church plant with a growing congregation of families that desires to intimately know God and reach the community with His love.
NewPath Church is aggressively seeking a Children’s Ministry Director who will creatively develop our children’s ministry with a passion for them to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ and with others.
The successful candidate will serve as the general administrative leader for the church’s Sunday School ministry, which includes Sunday School, Vacation Bible School and other activities. This person will be responsible for overseeing all children’s ministry
instruction and curriculum development.
He or she will be a spiritually mature, committed individual who will be expected to attend NewPath church, build a volunteer leadership team, and be actively involved in serving opportunities.
The Children’s Ministry Director needs to do the following:
- Demonstrate leadership skills in the development of instruction and curriculum
- Understand NewPath Church’s vision, purpose and direction
- Demonstrate a relational match with the senior pastor and leadership team
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
- Evaluate decisions/actions by their overall impact and long term implications
- Meet regularly with the pastor and staff to evaluate the work of the Sunday School and establish the agenda for Sunday School Planning team meetings.
- Lead the Sunday School Planning Team Meetings.
- Communicate goals and actions to leaders and teachers to evaluate progress.
- Lead in developing an effective organization that facilitates spiritual transformation and spiritual growth.
- Lead in efforts to call volunteers into service and enlisting the development of new leaders
- Lead in evaluating needs related to space, budget, curriculum, supplies and other resources: recommend needed actions
- Communicate consistently with parents.
- Set a positive example for others by living as an authentic witness of Christ and through full involvement in the life and ministry of the church.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new students and families.
Although education and prior experience will be a factor, a heart for God and a passion for ministering to children, as well as understanding the spiritual principle of unity will have an even higher priority.
Salary is commensurate with experience, education and other qualifications.
Please provide resume, references, and a letter of intent to email@example.com.