the bridge is a multi-ethnic and multi-generational church located in Markham that connects people with God, each other and our world. Our vision is to see transformed people impacting their world in Christ.
We are looking for a Discipleship & Family Ministries Pastor who will oversee, pastor and advocate for the formation of faith through our “gatherings”, “groups”, and a lifestyle of “going”. The pastor will also be responsible for the formation of faith in the context of our families. He/she will be a member of the executive team and contribute strategically to the mission and vision of the bridge. This Pastor will work with the pastoral staff to shepherd and equip people to become transformed disciples who love Jesus, serve Him in ministry/mission, and grow deeper in a biblical worldview. He/she will partner with the Lead Pastor in the teaching and preaching ministry of the church.
Leadership & Team Building:
- As a member of the executive team, advocate for his/her areas of ministry and contribute strategically to the mission and vision of the church.
- Recruit, equip, mobilize and lead teams in the areas of discipleship and family ministries.
- Oversee and provide directional guidance to the Children’s pastor, Youth pastor and Young Adult Lead; ensuring the fulfillment of ministry plans and alignment with the mission and vision of the church.
- Develop, execute and maintain a philosophy of ministry, ministry plan, strategies, and ministry budget.
- Develop and implement metrics to evaluate the effectiveness and growth of the ministries.
- Model discipleship and be responsible for producing disciples and disciple-makers.
- Develop goals and implement plans with the Lead Pastor and pastoral team to move people of all ages and stage along the discipleship process of the bridge.
- Influence ministries with an emphasis on spiritual formation, functional relationship and missional engagement.
- Contribute to the preaching and teaching ministries at the bridge.
- Collaborate with the pastoral team on the training and development of leaders.
- Influence and collaborate on the design and direction of curriculum for all ministries.
- Partner with the Connections Pastor to develop an integrated assimilation and discipleship process into groups and ministries.
- Contribute to LifeGroup events (i.e. Launch, Refuel (leader’s retreat)), etc.
- Develop, communicate and execute a vision for family ministries; growing families of faith.
- He/she will see families as a mission field; connecting families with God, each other and our world.
- Shepherd and provide pastoral care to families while they grow as disciples and disciple-makers; encouraging an emphasis on Christ as the central influence of their homes.
- Work with the pastors / lead of Children’s, Youth and Young Adult ministry on the selection of curriculum in order to develop the spiritual foundations and formation of families.
- Work with the Connections Pastor on leadership / volunteer training (Bootcamp), as well as participate in and develop material for classes as required.
- Other pastoral responsibilities such as providing pastoral care, and participating in weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, church events / meetings, etc. as required.
- Attend and participate in executive and staff meetings, retreats, events, etc.
- Other related duties as required by the Lead Pastor.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma. A bible college or seminary degree would be an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years in pastoral ministry, experience with discipleship and/or family ministry is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in preaching and teaching in large and small group settings.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a church ministry.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and implement a ministry plan.
- Possess the gifts of teaching, shepherding and encouragement, with a heart for discipling people, families and developing leaders.
- Ability to execute an integrated approach to discipleship and family ministries.
- Demonstrates the ability to build, lead and motivate teams. Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- A self-starter with the ability to think strategically and work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Very good organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, manage priorities and a ministry budget.
- This Pastor will be required to be at all church services on Saturday nights and Sunday mornings.
- Ability to respond to crises and be sensitive to the needs of others while maintaining a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and a desire to serve.
- Very good computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, internet, database and use of smart phone.
- Be a member of the church or will to become a member of the church in the near future.
- Able to support and promote the bridge’s mission, vision and values.
For more information on the bridge, go to www.thebridgemarkham.com. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. the bridge invites fully qualified candidates to apply for the following position(s), however Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. All applications will be reviewed but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Associate Pastor - 1738MinisterSearch
- Beautiful Boston suburb, Massachusetts
- January 20
Family Life Minister - 1748MinisterSearch
- Kenosha, Wisconsin
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
The Bridge, A Markham Community Church
the bridge is a multi-ethnic and multi-generational church impacting our world in Christ. We are a people where the hurting, the frustrated, the distracted, and the confused can find love, community, and hope found in Christ. No matter where we have been or where we are in our spiritual journey, God desires to have a personal relationship with us all. We’re all in this together as God creates a beautiful future through broken, imperfect people like us. As we source ourselves in Christ, it is His love that compels us to conne More...