Position Available: Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries
Park City Community Church
Park City, Utah
Denomination: United Methodist Church
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Christ-centered leader who can mentor, love and teach our youth. This candidate will develop creative programming to engage, challenge and grow existing opportunities within our progressive Methodist community.
The Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries is responsible for overseeing all aspects of youth ministry (nursery – 12th grade) at Park City Community Church including program development and execution, worship, leadership and special events.
This candidate would be both experienced in and passionate about meeting the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of children while establishing a relationship with each youth. A successful candidate will be creative and imaginative when it comes to programming
by enlisting community support, managing volunteer efforts and serving as a strategic partner with a vision and desire to grow the youth program and expand our community offerings.
- Developing a youth ministry programing that supports the mission and vision of Park City Community Church, creating an engaging environment to reach our current youth to inspire them to continue seeking and serving the Lord throughout their lives.
- Work directly with the youth through programming and mentorship while serving as the coordinator for children’s ministry, providing guidance and logistical support to staff and volunteers
- Responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of youth, coordinating weekly events including Sunday Youth Meetings, small group Bible studies, volunteer meetings, etc.
- Develop and implement a vision for the children and youth ministry which should be aligned with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church.
- Craft written strategic plans for program excellence on an annual basis, creating achievable and measureable goals, managing ministry budget appropriately and communicating plans with church leadership.
- Create and oversee meaningful special events such as: mission trips, retreats, fundraisers, service projects, outreach events, etc.
- Build relationships with youth and their families through direct conversation, providing counsel and engaging with families in a variety of settings including those outside of the church setting such as youth sporting events, community programs, school
- Recruit, train, and direct volunteers for a variety of engagements including executing children’s programming, youth programming and special event efforts.
- Manage children’s ministry staff including volunteer teachers, nursery staff, hosting regular meetings with church leadership to discuss, develop and share vision for youth ministry.
- Communicate regularly to youth, parents, church staff, etc. utilizing social media, the church website and other forums to advertise events and further the youth programming agenda.
- Bachelors degree with 3+ years of work experience
- Applicant must possess strong program management, leadership, people and team-building skills as well as effective organization and communication skills
- Desire to invest in the community with an ability to inspire and lead by example
- Ability to serve as a spiritual role model demonstrating a mature relationship with Christ and the ability to articulate one’s own faith journey
- Proficient with social media, basic computer competencies in Word, Excel, Power Point, and database management are required
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
The position is full time, salaried with paid vacation as well as other benefits to be discussed with selected candidates. Park City, Utah is a family oriented community with diverse background, amazing resources and incredible outdoor adventuring. Park
City was selected as one of Forbes Top Destinations for 2016, was voted “Best Town Ever” by Outside Magazine 2013 and was home to the 2002 Winter Olympic Games. To learn more about the position and express interest please reach out to Brittany@elevatedfuture.com.