LIFE GROUP PASTOR
First Baptist Church of Everett (FBC) is a diverse community of Christ-followers who are outwardly focused to reach those who don’t yet know Jesus. All ages and cultures are reflected in our unique 350-400 person church body.
Our mission is Connecting REAL people to Jesus through REAL relationships. This mission is done practically and strategically carried out through life groups (small groups) where people are able to do life together. Our church is first and foremost about our relationship with Christ, as well as our relationship with one another in the body of Christ, and our relationship with those not yet a part of the church.
We are looking for a Life Group Pastor who possesses strong relational skills and the ability to engage adults around life group ministry, recruiting new leaders and maintaining strong life group leaders. We are looking for someone who has a leadership gifting that engages and coaches people towards our mission. If you are looking to be on a team that is highly relational, strategic and desires to draw others into an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ and others, please read on…
WHO WE ARE
FBC is located in downtown Everett, the largest city in Snohomish County, Washington (25 miles north of Seattle). Our church started by way of a railroad chapel car in the 1890s, from the east coast to reach those in the Pacific Northwest who were: lumberjacks, drunks, and prostitutes. Our mission of connecting REAL people to Jesus through REAL relationships was in our DNA right from the beginning, meeting people where they are at and encouraging real-ness.
Our strategy includes what we call our “3 C’s.”
- Disciple people to grow in their CONNECTION to the body of Christ through participation in a life group
- Disciple people to grow in their COMMITMENT to the person of Christ through corporate and personal worship
- Disciple people to grow in their CONTRIBUTION to the mission of Christ through “gift-given”—not “guilt-driven” ministry
Our values, what fuels our mission, can be explained in the REAL acronym:
- Relevant TRUTH (Meeting life’s messiness head on by applying Jesus’ transforming and relevant truth to our lives)
- Encompassing GRACE (Experiencing God’s unconditional love and generously reflecting this love to others)
- Authentic RELATIONSHIPS (Growing meaningful relationships centered on Christ and built to last)
- Lifelong SERVING (Using God’s gifts to impact people for Jesus)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
In conjunction with the Life Group Team, develop an annual ministry plan which evaluates existing discipleship ministries, identifies new discipleship ministries, and recommends changes as appropriate for inclusion in the succeeding year’s budget. The Life Group Pastor is expected to increase the number of life group leaders, coaches, and life groups. All life groups, Bible studies, support groups and recovery groups are to be under the supervision of the Life Group Pastor and the Life Group team.
- Recruit, train, motivate, supervise, and provide pastoral care to life group leaders and coaches involved in the church’s discipleship program.
- Lead every member to find his/her place of ministry.
- Provide for leadership development for life group leaders and coaches, and assist in launching new life groups.
- Provide leadership for the Life Group Team.
- Perform shared pastoral care through counseling, weekly hospital visitation, weddings and funerals.
- Participate in worship services including occasional teaching as requested by the Lead Pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Reflect a balanced personal life, which provides for spiritual, physical, and emotional growth for himself/herself and family.
- A passion for creating an authentically caring community within small groups and gifting for developing a life group ministry.
- A team player and a team builder.
- Someone who loves Jesus and is passionate about seeing others come to know Jesus and become connected to Christ’s church through their involvement in a life group.
- Possess gifts of leadership, teaching and administration.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Highly relational, an extravert, likely a high E on the Myers-Briggs scale, to be effective in connecting real people to Jesus through real relationships.
- Communicate effectively with children, adults, ministerial staff, the congregation, and non-believers in the community.
- Courage and willingness to take risks in order to implement the discipleship ministries.
- Recruit, train, motivate, and supervise life group leaders and coaches.
- Proven ability to grow a life group ministry.
- Manage multiple ministries, events, and issues concurrently.
- Interpret and use Scripture accurately.
- Has served in a multi-staff congregation.
- Proven experience leading multi-program discipleship ministries and grow a life group ministry.
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a discipleship or life group minister.
- Preferred Master’s Degree, minimum of Bachelor’s Degree. Experience may be considered in place of graduate degree.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor, Adult Groups - Madison CampusPinelake Church
- Madison, Mississippi
- September 26
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Life Groups PastorKnott Avenue Christian Church
- Anaheim, California
- September 26
Small Group and Teaching PastorPathways Church
- Appleton, Wisconsin
- September 22
Lead Team PastorDestiny Harvest Church
- Columbia, Maryland
- September 22
First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church is a diverse community of believers GROWING TOGETHER IN CHRIST! We are passionate about God’s vision for us of growing together in our commitment to Christ, growing together in our connection to one another in the body of Christ and growing together in our contribution to the mission of Christ.More...