***PLEASE EMAIL Resumes / Media instead of calling***
Please include video links of applicant singing/leading worship and any links to social media (facebook, instagram, periscope, twitter, etc.), and a current picture
Coastal Community Church is a non-denominational church in Charleston, SC. For many years the church was about 100-125 people; however in the last 8 years the church has grown and now averages just under 500 people a Sunday. Due to our
growth and limited venue we built and moved into a new Multi-purpose Worship Center that will seat approx. 500. Excellence in worship has been a key ingredient in the growth of Coastal, so we are striving to find someone who can continue to take the church
to the next level.
Coastal has wide demographic of people that attend; however the main demographic of the church is young families (20's / 30's / 40's). We have an enormous focus on Evangelism and doing everything possible to reach the unchurched.
This is a full-time position. This person will average 40 hours a week plus Sunday services. We work six days a week, taking off most Saturdays; however because of this we try to create space during other times of the week (i.e. it is not
uncommon to take off Friday afternoon, etc.). Schedules are very flexible, depending on the week and responsibilities. The Coastal staff works together as a team, doing whatever it takes to accomplish the overall mission of the church.
This person will have the experience and ability to do the following:
- This person must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a desire to work at a church that reaches the lost, and a desire to be in full-time vocational ministry.
- This person must have the desire to learn, grow, and be spiritually led.
- A four year degree from a Bible College is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Must be able to lead worship (preferably on guitar) and sing.
- Must be familiar with the style of songs we play: Chris Tomlin, Hillsong / Hillsong United, Kristian Stanfill, Jesus Culture (Bethel Church), Elevation, etc.
- Must have experience with leading other musicians.
- Must have experience developing new musicians and volunteers.
- Must be comfortable periodically playing cover songs as hooks for sermon series.
- Have knowledge of sound equipment (and can learn what you don't know).
- Be able to learn about our lighting system.
- Use of graphic design, video editing, etc. a plus.
- Must be able to learn about set design / lighting design.
- Must be willing to learn about Media Production.
- Must be able to plan services start to finish (based on the Pastor's vision for the series or service), including music, set design, special pieces, media elements (video / graphics), etc.
- Familiarity with Planning Center & Pro Presenter.
Hours / Other Responsibilities / Misc:
- Staff Meeting (3 hours on Mondays).
- Thursday Night Worship Practice, Wednesday Night Student Worship, 2 Services on Sunday Morning.
- Saturdays the office is closed and is used as a Sabbath.
- Office hours are flexible, but this is a full-time position.
Salary: $45,000 a year / 2 weeks PTO
Send all emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not expect a return call or email. Only those candidates that we are interested in will receive any follow-up.