The Minister of Children at Hermitage Hills will be the spiritual catalyst responsible for the Birth - Fifth Grade ministry. That person is expected to partner with the LIFEgroups Pastor and his or her team to think strategically about disciple making for
children while maintaining relationships with children and parents. They will also be responsible for recruiting and equipping volunteers to be influential leaders throughout the Children’s Ministry.
In the fall of 2014, Hermitage Hills broke ground on a new 9 million dollar facility that is completely devoted to the next generation. It will include, but not be limited to space for preschool, preteens, middle school, and high school and college ministries.
This space was designated to create an atmosphere of community for students, kids and families.
The successful candidate must have a relentless passion for God and a desire to engage kids with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Innovation, creativity, and relational capacity will be a premium in this position and on this team. A successful candidate must
have a record of working in an fast-paced setting, reaching unchurched kids and developing those who are inside the ministry, building volunteer teams, and being self-motivated.
MINISTER OF PRESCHOOL AND CHILDREN
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: The Minister of Preschool Children (birth through 6th) is responsible to the church for leading church program organizations in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive ministry to all children, birth through 6th grade.
1. Work with departmental staff to cast and coordinate the vision for the entire preschool and children's ministry. Work with the leadership in ministry and calendar planning in an effort to bring about a unified approach to Preschool and Children Ministries.
2. Oversee and coordinate the enlisting, discipling, training, and motivating of adults to serve in the preschool and children’s ministry, in cooperation with the Nominating Ministry Team and departmental staff.
3. Work with the Ministerial Staff and organizational leadership in the use of program material, equipment, supplies, and space for children in all church program organizations (i.e., Bible Study, worship, VBS, Parent’s Night Out and missions organizations).
4. Coordinate the outreach ministry for children and their families, encouraging leaders to visit prospects, absentees, and their families.
5. Provide opportunity for parents to learn Godly-parenting skills.
6. Work with ministry leaders and appropriate staff members in procedural and scheduling concerns in the Preschool and Children’s Division.
7. Prepare annual budget for needs of the Preschool and Children’s Division and administer the approved budget according to policy.
8. Coordinate planning that will lead children to experience authentic worship with their peers and the full church body.
9. Meet regularly with departmental staff to insure direction, growth, achievement of vision and goals, and accountability.
10. Work with volunteers in planning and conducting major events and activities for children and their families, i.e. Backyard Kids Club, Camps, Awesome Autumn, Retreats, FX, etc.)
11. Develop programs and events for preteens in an effort to evangelize and disciple preteens and to train preteens to serve as missionaries to their school campuses.
12. Develop and train a counseling team to assist with children who are new Christians or a child who is interested in learning more about becoming a Christian.
13. Assist the Senior Pastor with assigned days of hospital visitation and pastoral care of
14. Keep informed concerning current children’s educational methods, resources, promotional aides, and administration techniques and utilize them where appropriate.
15. Study and make recommendations for needed changes in the Children’s Division such as organizational, space use, equipment and furnishing needs and policies and procedures of operations.
16. Become and remain informed of denominational goals, emphases, resources, and plans as they relate to the local church and its ministries.
17. Serve on the Church Team Council and other ministry teams as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
18. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Personnel Ministry Team and/or the Senior Pastor.