Apply here: http://www.vanderbloemen.com/jobs/edgewood-baptist-church-pastor-of-youth-young-adult
The driving passion of Edgewood is to reach the Quad Cities area for Christ.
Applicational teaching, externally-focused, and compassion for the community—this is the core of Edgewood. It is truly a regional church with about 30% of its members and attenders coming from Iowa, and the rest from Illinois.
Established in 1905, Edgewood has a great reputation in the community. It is an autonomous church with a contemporary style and culture. The focus at Edgewood is “living on mission.” With a heavy emphasis on missions, both on local and global scales, the
church exudes a passion for ministering locally, while offering support to global missional endeavors as well.
Utilizing a dynamic and innovative approach, the next Youth & Young Adults Pastor at Edgewood will lead the Youth and Young Adult ministries with a comprehensive plan to reach and equip youth (grades 6-12) and young single adults (ages 18-25) to grasp their
full potential in Jesus Christ through gathering, growing, giving, and going with the gospel. The ideal candidate will possess 5 years of experience in missional ministry, with a proven track record of building youth and young adult ministries. A Bachelor’s
degree from a Christian college in a ministry-related discipline is required, seminary training is preferred.
The effective Pastor of Youth and Young Adults will achieve the following goals during the first 24 months of work:
- Demonstrate the ability to direct approximately 70% of time and focus to youth and 30% to young adults.
- Implement a plan for reaching the next generation by partnering with parents in a discipleship pathway for their teens, helping parents succeed at discipling their sons and daughters.
- Oversee and provide direction for all ministries within Edgewood that minister to youth and young adults.
- Develop and administer an annual budget.
- Practice creative and innovative approaches in order to reach and equip the next generation.
- Spend quality time on high school and college campuses.
- Work a plan to identify, train, mentor, and shepherd the next generation.
- Plan and implement retreats, camps, and mission trips for youth and young adults.
- Meet regularly with other team members of Edgewood to plan, coordinate, and evaluate youth and young adult ministries
- Be an active participant of S.A.L.T. (Single Adult Leadership Team).
- Lead youth and young adults to participate in the total church program.
- Coordinate service opportunities inside and outside of Edgewood.
- Show a commitment to networking opportunities with other youth and young adult pastors in the community for support and joint ministry ventures.
- Consistently communicate with parents and provide resources to them.
- Assist in other activities as requested by the Senior Pastor, including visitation, weddings, and funerals.
The passion of Edgewood is to reach the Quad Cities, consisting of Moline, and Rock Island in Illinois, and Bettendorf and Davenport bordering in Iowa, with a total population of nearly 400,000. The region has a small town feel to it, although it is known
for hosting major events and functions more on a larger scale. The city of Rock Island is predominantly a blue-collar community with employers such as John Deere and the Rock Island Arsenal employing thousands of people. The city has public schools (with thirty
different languages spoken across the district), Christian schools, and home schooling options. Institutions of higher education include Augustana College, Western Illinois University, and community colleges.