Central Presbyterian Church, an 800-1000 attender church in Towson, Maryland is in search of an Operations Coordinator. This position is critical to smooth running of the church’s facilities and creating the optimal environment for both internal and external ministries to operate.
This position requires a person with an out-going personality who enjoys working with people both inside and outside of the Central. The candidate must have demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and is eager to learn new things as a regular part of this position.
This person must enthusiastically and persuasively foster team atmosphere in coordinating operational tasks and assignments. Additionally he/she must be willing to receive coaching, outside training, and on-the-job training. The candidate needs to live a faith-filled life as evidenced by personal spiritual discipline.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to HR@centralpc.org.
Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director – Ministry Support
Hours: Part time - 30 hours per week (Monday through Thursday 8:30 – 4:00)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position provides operations support for the church and the Senior Leadership Team. The position reports directly to the Executive Director- Ministry Support.
• Has an out-going personality and enjoys working with people within and outside of the church.
• Has demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Eager to learn new things as a regular part of the job.
• Aggressively seeks to foster team atmosphere in coordinating operational support tasks and assignments.
• Willing to receive coaching, outside training, and on-the-job training.
• Lives a faith-filled life as evidenced by personal spiritual disciplines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary areas of responsibility for this position are outlined below. (This position works closely with the Administrative Coordinator.)
• The coordination of the facilities is a top priority to seamlessly accomplish meetings and activities. Central’s facility is heavily used to provide effective internal and external ministry and active engagement with the community.
• Actively engaged with all aspects of the Central calendar, including in-depth understanding of each ministries use of the building; knowledge of Central’s policies related to building use and food services; and anticipate annual events.
• Assures all calendar entries are accurate and approves all calendar entry requests.
• Actively coordinates use of church facilities for events, meetings, weddings, etc. from initial contact, to explanation of building policies and completion and approval of all request forms. Meets with facilities staff to review details and ensure accurate set-up.
• Prepares Facilities Usage Agreements for external users of the church facilities and ensures compliance with all church requirements including Certificates of Insurance and timely payments. Tracks all rental fees.
• Prepares facilities calendar for facilities weekly meeting and coordinates weekly facilities usage meeting.
• Coordinates the Work Order process for all building usage, maintenance and repair requests.
• Ensures all work orders are requested for scheduled events and tracks progress.
• Possesses understanding of all events held at Central and their intricacies to ensure proper setting and scheduling of HVAC.
• Schedules HVAC for the facility.
• Alerts appropriate Facilities Staff when emergency repairs are needed to equipment or building.
• Provides professional oversight of weddings/events and managers wedding/event coordinators.
• Engages technical personnel as necessary.
• Other facilities related tasks as assigned.
• Provides administrative support for Senior Leadership Team as needed.
• Provides excellent customer service through telephone, email, and personal contact.
• Reinforces building safety through control of access to the building.
• Proactively orders supplies and materials.
• Maintains copiers and postage machines; orders their supplies; and arranges for maintenance as required.
• Maintains phone system.
• Other general administrative duties as assigned.
• Supports staff with winning team spirit.
Policies and Procedures Duties:
• Creates new policies and procedures and maintains a church policy and procedure manual
• Reviews and updates all written policies and procedures regularly and as needed
Technology Support Duties:
• As necessary, acts as liaison for information technology contractor for help desk needs, including arranging for scheduled visits to maintain and install new technology.
• Acts as liaison for HVAC software technology issues.
• Acts as liaison for security software technology issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Proven ability to be successful in a highly evolving, ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly.
• Strong organizational and coordinating skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Thoroughly skilled in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Understands the principles of administering a database.
• Proven ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to make administrative and procedural decisions.
• Ability to make judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
• Knowledge of office general principles and practices.
• Ability to analyze, develop, establish, and maintain efficient office workflow and administrative processes.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Three to five years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree desirable.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Administration/AdministratorThe Jerusalem Center
- Wayne, New Jersey
- October 18
Administrative AssistantChrist Church of Oak Brook
- Oak Brook, Illinois
- October 17
Business AdministratorVintage Church
- Santa Monica, California
- October 17