Director of Children’s Ministries: Tifton First United Methodist Church in Tifton, Georgia www.tiftonFUMC.org is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministries. Responsibilities will be focused on kindergarten through 6th
grade but include oversight of the nursery program. The Director will work with other staff members under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
The successful candidate should possess or be pursuing a bachelor's degree; have experience working with children’s ministries and/or children’s educational programs; experience working in and developing children's ministries and possess a strong personal
faith consistent with the United Methodist tradition. We are looking for a vibrant, energetic person who can get TFUMC members excited about the Lord and can motivate our volunteers to lead and teach under his/her direction.
The Director will:
- plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a children’s ministry program (nursery through 6th grade)
- be the day-to-day leader of children’s ministries
- recruit and train volunteers and ensure adequate volunteer support
- ensure adequate adult-to-children ratios
- be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to FUMC educational ministries
- coordinate children’s ministry curriculum
- assist in recruiting and provide ongoing support for teachers and facilitators
- ensure that records of participation in programs are maintained
- develop and manage the children’s educational ministry budget
- communicate in a timely manner as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, social media, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.)
- work with other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality
- ensure that the Safe Sanctuary Policy is observed in all children ministry settings
Anticipated start date January 2016. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
To apply, submit a cover letter to include why you are interested in this position, a current resume and contact information for three references not later than January 15, 2016 to:
RE: Director of Children’s Ministries
107 W 12th St.
Tifton, GA 31794
Phone: (229) 382-6100
Address specific questions related to job responsibilities and duties to Lisa Forshee, Staff Parrish Relations Committee Member and Search Committee Lead email: email@example.com.