The Student Ministries Pastor will provide overall leadership and direction to the children’s and youth ministry. He is responsible for overseeing all ministries from birth through High School and for championing the church/home partnership. The role is
designed to develop and maintain a vision for the spiritual formation of our preschoolers, children, students and their families that is biblical, comprehensive, and consistent and is in agreement with our doctrinal statement. The role is also designed to
develop and maintain a vision for encouraging and equipping all families to make the home the center of godly influence.
He is directly responsible for Middle and High School ministry. He will supervise and oversee the Children’s Director.
- Directly responsible for Middle and High School Ministry
- Provide oversight to entire children’s and youth ministry – implementing a Bible-based and gospel centered program that will be designed to mature students in their faith
- Commit to relationally reach non-church students with the gospel
- Implement ways to Recruit, Select, Equip, Lead, Develop and minister to volunteer leaders
- Work to build relationships with local middle and high schools
- Develop Mission Trip Partnerships and Opportunities – work with missions team
- Counseling Students & Parents
- Develop a long range ministry plan for student ministries (includes helping with long range planning for children’s ministry)
- Follow-up with Alumni and assist College students and parents as needed
- Budget Preparation and Management in coordination with ministry team
- Identify, equip and lead the staff that serves in our age-graded ministries of Preschool Ministry (birth through kindergarten), Children Ministry (grade 1 through grade 5) and Student Ministry (grade 6 through grade 12).
- Work with other staff for church projects and ministry
- Serve on the Preaching Team
- Other duties as assigned
- Develop relationships with youth and their families – both inside Grace Community Church and the community
- Attend Jr. High & Sr. High School (or Personal) Special Activities – Sports, Prom, etc.
- Prepare and attend weekly meetings for Jr. High, Sr. High and other groups (small groups, studies, etc.)
Position Type: Full-time Exempt
The Student Ministries Pastor will necessarily have to work some evenings and other irregular hours in order to fulfill his responsibilities. He will attempt to schedule as much time as possible to be at the church during normal business hours,
so as to be available to the body in general.
He will be on call as necessary for pastoral emergencies.
- A Committed Christian with a Vital and Growing Walk – A man who himself is committed to leading a personal lifestyle of study and worship.
- A Shepherd’s Heart – A man who recognizes the importance of shepherding those under his care, training and equipping them for more effective service.
- Burden for non-Christians – A person who has a burden and desire to play a part in people responding to the gospel of Christ.
- Committed to Prayer – A person dependent on prayer and the Holy Spirit’s work in their lives
- Relational Leadership – A leader that will help students, parents and others discover and exercise their giftedness in doing the work of ministry
- Education – Pursuing or has an Advanced Degree in Theology/Bible.
- Ministry Experience – Preference will be given to those who have a minimum of five years church ministry experience. Experience in supervising other staff is preferred.
- In agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of Grace Community Church.
- Meets the qualifications of an Elder (I Timothy 3, Titus 1).
Reports to: Lead (or associate) Pastor
Direct Reports: Children’s Ministry Director
Send resume along with a cover letter and brief philosophy of ministry. Also include links to social media and recent teachings if available. Send to: Jtphhi@me.com