We're excited about welcoming a new staff member on to our ministry team!
St. Luke’s has a rich musical tradition, offering multiple styles of worship supported with diverse musical ensembles and artists of all ages, presenting concerts and musical productions, as well as supporting worship and arts education through weekly programming and summer camps. The Children’s Music Director nurtures and supports a comprehensive musical ministry, including children singing & serving in ensembles, engaging large groups of children in worship, and supporting a talented team of volunteer directors, parents and ministry support.
This part-time, exempt position reports to the Director of Worship & the Arts, is an important member of the Worship & the Arts professional staff, and as well serves as a member of the St. Luke’s ministry staff. Current programming revolves primarily around Sunday morning offerings, and has also included midweek (Tuesday) rehearsals.
Specific Skills, Gifts, Talents Needed
- 1. Leadership: Energetic and magnetic leadership as primary director of children’s musical ensembles, and the ability to work collaboratively with St. Luke’s Children’s Ministry for optimum impact and effectiveness.
- 2. Organizational: Provides on-going organizational leadership to an active ministry of activities and ensembles, meeting throughout the week and on Sunday morning. Provide organizational support to directors and parents involved in ministry leadership.
- 3. Communication: Clearly communicate to children, their families, fellow staff members and church at large the ministry goals and visions, as well as ministry expectations and schedules through a variety of mediums (phone, email, social networking, etc.).
- 4. Musical Competency: Effective educator and musical director, competent in the healthy training of children’s voices, knowledgeable and comfortable in musical repertoire of a variety of styles, able to work effectively with a wide span of ages.
- 5. Relational: Able to connect authentically with others and build relationships of mutual trust and support. Creates a warm and welcoming environment for fellow staff and volunteers.
- 6. Faithful: Spiritual maturity, while actively seeking to grow in personal relationship with God; serving out of a sense of call and living a life of worship. Able to nurture and promote spiritual sensitivity within the ministry, and in worship involvement.
- Manage, direct and/or supervise multiple vocal and instrumental ensembles of children, and guide them into meaningful growth and service within the life of the church.
- Work collaboratively with Children’s Ministry for regular large-group worship/music experiences, primarily on Sunday morning.
- Work collaboratively with Director of Youth Music to establish a dynamic “feeder system” of engagement for students to move seamlessly through the graded ministry.
- Prepare ensembles for comprehensive involvement in worship service ministry. Engage, as directed, ensembles into the concerts and outreach projects of the Worship & the Arts Ministry area.
- Organize and manage volunteer directors and teams to expand ministry effectiveness and opportunity.
- Maintain clear communication between staff, volunteers, and church at large—provide on-going interface with church publications, website, and social media, keeping information accurate and up-to-date; initiate and organize correspondence as directed by music ministry staff. Manage all general, in-coming ministry area phone calls.
- Proven, effective experience in children’s music (3 years minimum) with church ministry experience preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, competent in relevant technology, and superior musicianship.
- Bachelor degree required, Degree in music education preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship & Creative ArtsVintage Faith Church
- Santa Cruz, California
- September 27
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Director of MusicOur Savior Lutheran Church
- Livermore, California
- September 25
Student and Children's Worship PastorGrace Point Church
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- September 24
Contemporary Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church
- LaGrange, Georgia
- September 23
St. Luke's UMC
St. Luke's is an open community of Christians gathering to seek, celebrate, live and share the love of God for all creation. We envision being transformed by God and transforming the world into a compassionate, just, inclusive, Christ-like community. More...