We want to help young leaders in the development of their calling, character, and competency by expanding the kingdom oriented ministry that has already been established and is growing at theNorthGate.
theNorthGate staff operates with the following values in mind:
• Personal development has to be intentional. Our development as people and as leaders must involve a focused and purposeful approach, not haphazard busyness.
•We believe that we need to develop leaders, not use leaders. Too often, internship programs are used as a breeding ground for grunt labor. We recognize this tendency and want to insure we are pouring into our interns’ lives.
•We believe that development takes place within the context of ministry. Development of leaders must involve practical application to and work within an active ministry context for it to be useful.
•We believe that development takes place within the context of relationship. Development of leaders always involves a series of key relationships including peers, ministry leaders, and outside mentors.
•We believe that emerging leaders need proximity to leaders. Oftentimes the most significant thing we can do as developing leaders is to simply be around other more mature leaders to learn by observation and through relationship.
•We believe that development must be holistic. Development must address a range of issues including personal, theological, ministry skills, and missional development with the aim of developing the whole person.
•We believe that development must be broad-based but individually focused. It is obvious that no programmatic plan will absolutely develop every person engaged in that plan.
Internship Program Specifics
The internship program consists of a 6, 12, or 18 month intensive development program designed to both equip leaders in ministry and to further the ministry of theNorthGate. The program includes practical development of ministry skills, leadership opportunities
in specific ministry team areas, personal development, interaction with the greater theNorthGate staff, ministry exposure outside of specific ministries, and theological development. Our vision is to help cultivate the best and brightest emerging leaders for
greatest kingdom impact.
General Job Description
Internships at theNorthGate operate within the ministries of hospitality/guest services, family ministry, creative arts/worship, and pastoral ministry. While the specific job description will be determined based on the needs of the ministry and the experience,
gifts, abilities and passions of the intern, here are some general responsibilities that an intern can expect:
• Assist the team leads in shaping the vision of the specific ministry team assigned to.
• Engage in entrepreneurial opportunities to help obtain governing experience.
• Oversee at least one area of a ministry team.
• Help develop and launch new initiatives alongside the pastor/team lead in this area.
• Lead or participate in an authentic community.
• Participate in the weekly theNorthGate staff meetings.
• Help with the general administrative needs at theNorthGate.
• Engage in outside ministry activities like hospital visitation, speaking opportunities, etc.
Internship Application Requirements
• Recommendation letter from a leader in current home church
• Two personality tests
For more information about theNorthgate, please visit: www.thenorthgate.org.
If interested please send resumes to email@example.com