Alpharetta First United Methodist Church (www.afumc.org) is seeking a dynamic, Christ-centered individual to lead the Connections ministry through a part-time (20 hours/week) staff position.
Alpharetta Methodist is a vibrant family of faith (1,400+ average weekly attendance) located in a fast growing northern suburb of Atlanta. The Connections staff is comprised of a Minister of Discipleship and Connections (who supervises the Connections Director),
the part-time Connections Director, and the Events and Connections Coordinator.
The Connections Director connects people with: (1) Alpharetta Methodist through meaningful membership, (2) Christ-centered friends through classes, groups and activities, and (3) Significant serving opportunities on high-impact ministry teams.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- A heart for connecting people with the local church
- Proven ability to lead adult groups and teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An energetic, flexible and team-player spirit
- A clear understanding and belief in the United Methodist doctrine
- Marketing and/or sales experience
- Wise time-management, prioritization of tasks, and delegation of leadership
- Database management (ACS preferred), Microsoft Office, and strong computer and typing skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working on church staff or in a volunteer ministry leadership role
The selected individual will be expected to begin employment by 01/15/2016.
Resumes should be submitted along with salary requirements to René Watson, Minister of Administration, via e-mail to email@example.com, or mailed to AFUMC, Attn. René Watson, 69 North Main Street, Alpharetta, GA
30004 or faxed to (770) 521-8787.