The E-Free Church in Gaylord, MI runs around 900 in 3 Sunday morning services. Our stated purpose as a church is “Meeting people where they are and moving them to where God wants them to be.” Our vision is to saturate all of northern MI with the Gospel.
God has allowed us to now have three Sunday morning services at our Gaylord campus and 4 radio broadcasts on 2 different stations (one secular station; one Christian station). We will soon be adding 2 more radio broadcasts on another secular station in that
area and launching our television ministry on the CBS affiliate in northern Michigan in January. Through these means we will cover over 45 counties in Michigan.
In February we are also opening our first Satellite Campus in Sault Ste, Marie, Michigan as a result of a merger with an existing church resulting in E-Free becoming one church (one Lead Pastor, one Elder Board, one Statement of Faith, one Constitution, one
Budget, etc.) with two campuses (Gaylord campus and Sault Ste. Marie campus). We are now looking for a campus pastor for our Sault Ste. Marie campus. The main role of this position is in leading our Sault Sainte Marie Campus in implementing the purpose of
E-Free Church under the leadership of the Lead Pastor. While there will be occasional teaching/preaching duties involved, this is not a position that involves regular preaching as the weekly sermons are via video from the main campus in Gaylord. The specifics
of this position are as follows:
Experience and Knowledge Required:
• Ability to pastor people (Build meaningful relationships; Care for people; Disciple people; Train people; Develop leaders; Help people realize and reach their full potential)
• Ability to lead others (Organization/management of leadership teams; Continually developing and increasing circle of influence with people; Lead by serving others; Delegate well; Strong sense of team
• Ability to communicate to congregation (Comfortable in front of people; Speak clearly and intentionally; Help guests feel welcome and comfortable; Present E-Free Church’s purpose and vision clearly
• Weekly Responsibilities (between weekend services) - Attend weekly meeting with Lead Pastor live or via SKYPE; Attend weekly staff prayer and staff meeting live or via SKYPE; Set worship flow for coming weekend; Follow-up on all first time guests and requests
for info requests; Communicate upcoming events; Communicate with all ministry leaders regarding weekend services; Continually building systems that will create growth at campus level; Be available for appointments (counseling, pre-marital, etc.); Respond to
emails and phone calls within 24 to 48 hour time frame; Oversee preparing campus facility for upcoming weekend service; Have a message prepared in the event of technological malfunction; Officiate weddings and funerals
• Worship Service Responsibilities - Have campus facility opened and prepped for services; Facilitate all services (Welcome, Commitment Time, Offering, etc.); Secure campus facility following worship services; Love, encourage and pastor people; Connect with
new people; Be available for ministry time with individuals; Submit Service Report to Lead Pastor via Email following services
• Special Events - Help plan, staff and implement all special events for the campus.
• Ministry Teams - Recruit and train leaders for ministry teams (Worship Team, Children’s Ministry, First Impressions such as greeters, ushers, welcome center, Facility Care; Stewardship); Assist in recruiting and training volunteer base for ministry teams;
Encourage and value ministry team leaders and volunteers; Communicate weekly with leaders of volunteer teams
• Life Groups - Lead weekly Life Group; Recruit and train Life Group leaders; Assimilate getting people into Life Groups; Communicate weekly with life group leaders to support, encourage and serve them
• Assimilation and Next Steps - Assist people in taking next steps of faith (baptism, etc.); Assist people in connecting with the church through Life Groups; Assist people in plugging into service