The person fulfilling this position will seek to make Glenkirk known for being the most effective discipling church in the country by engaging people through small groups, spiritual gifts discovery training, and local mission projects. This person will
strategically assimilate and retain newcomers into the life of the church so that people move from mere attendance to full commitment.
- Launch, oversee, and equip the small groups of the church, moving the small group ministry from only attracting the already churched to being a significant front door of the church for newcomers. The leader would train leaders, promote small groups, and
produce sermon-based curriculum.
- Create a vital local missions ministry. Launch local mission projects for those in need that invite new people into the life of Glenkirk and train the Glenkirk congregation in discipleship.
- Implement a Spiritual Gifts training seminar that allows people to find their spiritual gifts
- and become engaged in the ministries of the church.
- Oversee and coordinate with the Guest Relations Manager.
- Create tangible assessments of the church’s progress in discipleship.
- Preach as requested.
- Assist in worship services as requested.
- Other responsibilities as requested.
- Increase the demand for small group Bible studies and the number of leaders equipped to facilitate them, until we are maximizing the potential involvement of the community in our small groups. We’d like to see 50% of the congregation involved in small
- Use the men’s ministry as a vital coaching tool to equip men for faithful discipleship, increasing the participation of men in the congregation and maintaining its relevance. We would like to see the men’s ministry become the gathering place that men at
Glenkirk are most excited about, with at least 100 men involved in the men’s ministries.
- This leader would coach unchurched and de-churched people into committed discipleship, equipping and sending them to be missionaries in their immediate community and globally, by creating and managing local mission opportunities. We would like to see people
becoming members of the church whose initial experience with Glenkirk was a mission project.
- Create a spiritual gifts training seminar that incorporates people into the life and ministries of the church.