To apply, please forward your resume and salary history.
PRIMARY PURPOSE & FUNCTION
Developing an effective worship ministry that oversees the planning, execution and effectiveness of worship services. Recruiting, training, leading and shepherding all volunteers associated with the worship ministry at First Colony. Guiding a worship ministry.
• Express of a contagious love of Jesus through prayer, scripture reading, music and drama.
• Provide leadership for worship ministry volunteers including monitoring involvement, assessing giftedness and guarding against burnout; volunteers include worship leaders, singers, musicians, sounds engineers, recording engineers, lighting technicians, set
designers, camera operators, video switchers, computer operators, ushers, communion stewards.
• Shepherd worship ministry volunteers through discipleship, mentoring and counseling.
• Provide supervision for paid worship ministry staff including setting clear expectations, providing consistent coaching and conducting performance reviews.
• Partner with the senior minister, executive minister and other worship ministry personnel in the planning and oversight of worship services.
• Provide supervision and oversight to the Audio and Visual aspects of worship services.
• Oversee special performances.
• Partner with the rest of the ministry staff in our pastoral care ministry including personal counseling and
• Lead the congregation in worship with enthusiasm and excellence.
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
• Must follow Jesus’ model of servant leadership.
• Must possess avid Biblical knowledge and understand how to use scripture in worship services.
• Must have a love for prayer and an understanding of how it can be creatively and effectively used in
• Must be able to work creatively within limitations.
• Must love being a team player.
• Must possess the ability to communicate promptly and effectively.
• Must be a champion of the church staff culture.
• Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Must have an eye for detail and the ability to quickly identify issues.
• Must possess an internal desire to bring professionalism to worship services.
• Must be reliable.
• Gifted singer.
• Gifted musician with a proficiency in at least one instrument; guitar preferred.
• Knowledge of basic vocal techniques and singing styles.
• Knowledge of worship planning software including Planning Center Online.
• Knowledge of how to lead and direct a worship band.
• Knowledge of acapella music.
• Knowledge of harmonies and SATB singers.
• Senior Minister, Executive Minister, Director of Worship, Producer and Part-time Worship Leaders
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Minimum 5-7 years