To apply, please forward your resume and salary history.
PRIMARY PURPOSE & FUNCTION
Developing an effective worship ministry that oversees the planning, execution and effectiveness of worship services. Recruiting, training, leading and shepherding all volunteers associated with the worship ministry at First Colony. Guiding a worship ministry.
• Express of a contagious love of Jesus through prayer, scripture reading, music and drama.
• Provide leadership for worship ministry volunteers including monitoring involvement, assessing giftedness and guarding against burnout; volunteers include worship leaders, singers, musicians, sounds engineers, recording engineers, lighting technicians, set designers, camera operators, video switchers, computer operators, ushers, communion stewards.
• Shepherd worship ministry volunteers through discipleship, mentoring and counseling.
• Provide supervision for paid worship ministry staff including setting clear expectations, providing consistent coaching and conducting performance reviews.
• Partner with the senior minister, executive minister and other worship ministry personnel in the planning and oversight of worship services.
• Provide supervision and oversight to the Audio and Visual aspects of worship services.
• Oversee special performances.
• Partner with the rest of the ministry staff in our pastoral care ministry including personal counseling and
• Lead the congregation in worship with enthusiasm and excellence.
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
• Must follow Jesus’ model of servant leadership.
• Must possess avid Biblical knowledge and understand how to use scripture in worship services.
• Must have a love for prayer and an understanding of how it can be creatively and effectively used in
• Must be able to work creatively within limitations.
• Must love being a team player.
• Must possess the ability to communicate promptly and effectively.
• Must be a champion of the church staff culture.
• Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Must have an eye for detail and the ability to quickly identify issues.
• Must possess an internal desire to bring professionalism to worship services.
• Must be reliable.
• Gifted singer.
• Gifted musician with a proficiency in at least one instrument; guitar preferred.
• Knowledge of basic vocal techniques and singing styles.
• Knowledge of worship planning software including Planning Center Online.
• Knowledge of how to lead and direct a worship band.
• Knowledge of acapella music.
• Knowledge of harmonies and SATB singers.
• Senior Minister, Executive Minister, Director of Worship, Producer and Part-time Worship Leaders
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Minimum 5-7 years
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Indy North Campus Worship PastorNorthview Church
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- October 26
Worship PastorVentura Missionary Church
- Ventura, California
- October 26
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Assistant Worship Leader / Youth PastorONEeighty Church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
SolomonSwann is a full service talent acquisition, talent management, and search firm that caters to a wide variety of industries. Many people ask where our name comes from. Since we began and continue to base our business practices on biblical principles, we selected the first name from King Solomon of the bible. King Solomon represents the highest regard for wisdom out of all human qualities and gifts. At SolomonSwann, because we look to the greatest source of all wisdom, we operate first from a base of Godly values and wisdom. And secondl More...