This posting is for Kensington's newest campus in Traverse City, Michigan which is a fixed location in northern Michigan. The Campus Arts Service Director is responsible for the execution of the Weekend Service and all other high-profile campus events. This person will lead the campus music team leader, vocal team leader, drama team leader, technical director and volunteer teams to accomplish the artistic and technical needs. Partner with the campus director and lead pastor to accomplish the mission and vision for the campus.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in authentic community, and extend the love of God to those seeking him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington values: In Christ, Under Scripture, As a Family, For the One, From Brokenness, With Openhandedness, Through Others. Possess characteristics that include generosity, wisdom and courage. A true servant leader and heart bent toward humility.
- Education: Undergraduate degree in a related field preferred. Training in leadership and management helpful.
- Experience: Demonstrated ability to cast artistic vision and build and lead teams. Large local church ministry experience necessary.
- Requirements: Affirmation of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of Kensington Community Church.
CAMPUS SERVICE DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITES:
- Service direct weekend services.
- Participate in the weekend service planning
- Oversee the implementation of campus specific service elements.
- Lead the campus technical director, vocal team leader, music team leader and drama director.
- Meet regularly with tech director on expectations for services and campus portability. Set goal and provide accountability on service expectations and portability.
- Oversee plan for team growth of music, vocal, drama and service support teams.
- Meet with music team leader and vocal team leader on a regular basis to maintain consistency of vision with music department.
- Work with drama director and vocal team leaders to help cast service elements and to partner on projects.
- Responsible for casting greeters, interviews, testimonies etc. Work closely with Campus Director to ensure strong vision.
- Identify & train individuals to serve as a volunteer Service Director. Frequency of coverage is approximately every 6 weeks.
- Lead stage manager volunteer teams.
- Keep an updated database of campus artists
- Member of Kensington's Arts Core Team
ARTISTIC DISCIPLINE RESPONSIBILITIES
Work extensively in your specific artistic giftedness (This may be performance, leadership etc..)
Please send cover letter and resume directly to HR@kensingtonchurch.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Lighting DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- September 19
Director of Media Technology Ministries (12134)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Northeast, Massachusetts
- September 12
Associate PastorCatalyst of Austin
- Austin, Texas
- September 6
Navy Chaplain CorpsNavy Chaplain Program
- Detroit, Michigan
- September 1
Kensington Community Church
When Kensington opened its doors - actually the doors of a rented school cafeteria - we had no idea what to expect. But when 463 people showed up, we knew God was working, and at a faster pace than our core team of 40 crazies ever imagined. As we grew, places all over Oakland County were transformed into a "portable church." We gathered in homes, coffee shops, schools, warehouses and office buildings to share how God was transforming lives. During 24 years of trial and error, God has taught us what matters most. We've boiled these core value More...