Central Manor Church, a mid-size church near Lancaster, PA, is seeking a Youth and Children's Ministry Pastor. We are an evangelical church with an average attendance between 230-280 on Sunday mornings. We have two morning worship services, one more traditional
and one more contemporary, and a Sunday school hour.
Full-time salaried position with an expectation of an average of a fifty (50) hour work week.
Qualifications for the Position
- A man who is a mature and growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Show evidence of spiritual and moral character, and a lifestyle as described in 1 Tim. 3:1-7.
- If married, have a wife and family supportive of the ministry.
- Prefer a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with a Bible or ministry focus.
- Prefer five years experience in a church staff position.
- Leadership experience with youth and children’s ministries.
- Committed to continuing education to grow in ministry skills.
- Ability to establish rapport with youth, children, and parents.
- Possess strong relationship skills and the ability to connect well with people.
- Ability to teach, influence and communicate with others.
- Ability to plan, manage and organize.
- Committed to team with the Pastoral Staff and the Church Leadership.
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith.
- Demonstrate commitment to Central Manor Church of God by becoming a member.
- Agreement of purpose and vision of Central Manor Church of God.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Oversee the youth and children’s ministries of the church, such as children’s Sunday School, AWANA, nursery, Junior Church, VBS, youth programs, retreats, missions trips, etc.
- Develop and promote a vision for these ministries in light of our church mission statement that moves young people to deeper levels of commitment.
- Oversee implementation of a comprehensive discipleship program intended to equip young adults to stand strong in their faith following high school.
- Help provide pastoral care for children, youth and families of the church.
- Assist parents in their responsibilities to nurture children and youth in Christ.
- Lead, recruit, develop, and encourage leaders, teachers, helpers and parents to implement effective children’s and youth ministries in the church.
- Lead the Youth Ministry Team and the Christian Education Ministry Team.
- Assist with other areas of ministry as directed by the Senior Pastor or the Church Council.
- Be active in the life of the church by supporting and attending church-wide activities whenever possible.
- Submit budget requests through the Finance Ministry Team ultimately to be approved by the Council.