Escazu Christian Fellowship (ECF) is an international, interdenominational congregation that has been meeting for over 30 years in San Jose, Costa Rica, and we are seeking a permanent pastor. Our beloved pastor of +9 years has had to return to the United States, and we are currently being served by an interim pastor.
To learn more about our diverse and dynamic congregation, please see our website: www.ecfcr.net
The Pastor We Seek
We are looking for a pastor who can lead existing ministries, and develop new and meaningful ones to advance the vision God has set before ECF.
- Loves the Lord with a deep and personal faith.
- Is flexible and perseverant, able to adapt to new situations, and the changing nature of our church.
- Approachable, effectively engaging and connecting with people both within our church community and the wider English-speaking community in Costa Rica.
- Has a desire and ability to draw new members into our church family.
- A teacher with deep biblical knowledge and capacity to communicate it personally.
- Agreement with our statement of faith.
- Has a clear, solid Christian point of view, and is broad-minded to value our diversity.
- If married, a spouse who is fully on board with this work.
- If coming with children, has other income or is willing to raise support (beyond ECF salary) to support family needs. This position may be well suited for an ordained missionary seeking to lead an international congregation. It may also be a compelling opportunity for a pastor who is wanting to spend the latter part of her/his career in a beautiful setting such as Costa Rica.
- There is no paid staff for the church. The Pastor will be very hands-on while working with committed volunteers.
- A collaborative approach that works well with our engaged, committed lay leaders.
- Professes a Christ-centered faith.
- Master of Divinity or equivalent from an accredited school.
- 2 years of international or cross-cultural experience.
- Demonstrated experience with North American and/or European congregations
- Willingness to commit to a minimum of three years’ service
- English fluency (written and spoken). Spanish fluency a plus.
- Computer literacy
- Valid driver’s license
- Eligibility to receive residency status in Costa Rica
- Ordination by an church body recognized by the World Council of Churches
- Minimum of two years of experience as a pastor
Interested candidates are invited to send their resume and samples of recent sermons to email@example.com
We encourage you to see the full pastor search profile on our website: www.ecfcr.net
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lead PastorThe Vine Community Church
- Clovis, New Mexico
- October 27
Bethel Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Richland, Washington
- October 26
Senior Pastor - Rancho Bernardo Community Presbyterian Church - San Diego, CAAGORA Search Group
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- October 26
- Muskegon, Michigan
- October 26
Lead PastorGreater Portland Bible Church
- Portland, Oregon
- October 25
Escazu Christian Fellowship
Escazú Christian Fellowship is an international, interdenominational church called to be “the heart, hands and voice of Jesus Christ” in Costa Rica’s English-speaking community. For more than thirty years we have been gathering for worship, study and fellowship in Escazú, a western suburb of San Jose. We meet on Sunday evenings in the sanctuary of the International Baptist Church, a rented space, and throughout the week in members’ homes and local cafes for smaller fellowship groups.