Permanent Senior Pastor Vacancy, the
Community Church of East Williston, New York
Looking for a challenge? Join us in turning the tide from surviving to thriving in 2016 and beyond. The historic Community Church of E. Williston is a mainline protestant church serving the needs of all persons from all backgrounds.
We have a faithful hardworking congregational core and seek a Senior Minister who, through Christian love and action, will help us turn those with occasional attendance into persons with faithful commitment. The position requires an experienced ordained Protestant
minister with youthful enthusiasm to reestablish CCEW as the “Light in the Community”. The ideal candidate will love preaching with the same intensity as ministry to the suffering and managerial challenges. We offer a competitive salary and a beautiful manse
in a great school district.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: CCEW@optonline.net
or mail a hard copy to:
CCEW, Minister Search
45 East Williston Avenue
East Williston NY 11596
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. The candidate must be ordained by a duly recognized Protestant Christian body or denomination.
2. Be cheerful and have an enthusiastic personality.
3. Have the ability to relate the Scriptures and teachings of God to the everyday lives of the congregation.
4. Have experience in working with youth and young families.
5. Supervision of church staff including Director of Christian Education, Director of Music, secretary and
6. Contact in person or by telephone Church Members who are shut-ins, hospitalized or others who need
special time with the pastor.
7. A preferred minimum of 5 years' experience as a senior pastor in a Protestant or an
8. Ideally, our candidate could foresee a commitment to our Church for at least 7-10 years.
Previous applicants, please do not re-apply.
The Pastoral Search Committee is accepting packages containing (but not limited to) your resume, your calling (share your call to ministry), style of ministry (explain your beliefs), a DVD, CD, or web site with a sample sermon, and any other information
you feel is relevant.
All applications will be acknowledged with our intent for further communication regarding personal
interview(s). Kindly mail application to:
Chairman of Pastoral Search Committee
Community Church of East Williston
45 East Williston Ave.
East Williston, New York 11596
Tel: 516-742-9690 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org website: