About Cornerstone Church
Cornerstone began regular worship services on January 16, 2014 and God has blessed us with a thriving congregation! To learn more about us, go to: www.cornerstonegoldsboro.org.
New Full-time Position—Worship and Youth Leader
- Professing believer in Jesus Christ
- Lives in a manner that testifies that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior
- Affirms the beliefs expressed in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church’s “Essentials of the Faith.”
- Encourages others in their faith and supports Cornerstone’s Mission to be a “loving family of faith.”
- Has participated in a Worship Team, preferably with leadership experience
- Has been actively involved in youth ministry
- A degree in theology, Christian education, or music is not required but may be beneficial
As our Worship Leader this person will create continuity in our music ministry by coordinating when people will sing or play, scheduling and leading practices, and preparing the worship software program (MediaShout) for the Sunday morning worship service.
- Skilled worship leader
- Sings and/or plays an instrument at a high level, while expressing joy, warmth and humility in worship.
- Introduces songs or makes other transitions that help the worship service to be meaningful and enjoyable.
- Schedules when our musicians will lead worship
- Determines how to most effectively coordinate our musicians and their gifts.
- Schedules the musicians, and insures substitutes are in place as needed, and periodically participates in the music presentation
- Coordinates music practices on a regular basis
- Leads Music Team practices to produce excellent music in worship.
- Is a skilled leader who can maximize our group’s gifts, while facilitating loving, mutually encouraging relationships within our Music Team.
- Selects music for the worship services in cooperation with the pastor, and upon the input of the Music Team.
- Will utilize praise songs, traditional hymns, or hymns sung in a modern style.
- Attends practices to insure the Media Shout presentation is in sync with what the Music Team is singing.
- Develops the Media Shout presentation on a weekly basis
- Posts the announcements, lyrics, and graphics to Media Shout each week to create a quality visual presentation for the worship service.
- Develops presentations in a manner that supports the theme of the service and enhances the worship experience.
- Attends Worship Team meetings (once per month, or on an “as needed” basis)
- Works with the pastor and the Worship Team to make the music complement the rest of the worship service.
- Prays with the group, and strives to strengthen relationships within the group.
As our Youth Leader this person will create opportunities of learning, fellowship, and service for our youth. He or she will engender in our youth and their parents a passion for serving Christ.
- Coordinates the Youth Program
- Forms Christ-centered relationships with the youth at Cornerstone
- Facilitates a multi-generational atmosphere where parents and other adults are actively involved in the lives of our youth
- Plans and participates in youth activities (fellowships, service projects, etc.)
- Prays with and for the youth of Cornerstone
- Attends Christian Education and Missions meetings
- Cooperates with the CE Team to provide biblical instruction for our youth
- Cooperates with the Mission Team to develop youth mission opportunities
The Worship and Youth Leader at Cornerstone will not be expected to lead these ministries alone, but to partner with active church members and our pastor in serving the Lord. This position will be shaped by the developing needs of the church as well
as the passions, gifts, and abilities of the Worship and Youth Leader.
If interested in applying, please submit your resume to Cornerstone Church, 650 N. Spence Avenue, Goldsboro, NC 27534, or email Pastor Ryan Rasmussen at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you
have any demos, please forward those also.
If you have questions, please contact Pastor Rasmussen at (919) 750-5384.